I'll make the post here as I did over at my Message Bourd just moments ago:

Quote:

What makes the DCS Version Different?

What makes it different is that I am going to use sub-programs; a first for me. These programs WILL be recognizable by DCS but have an 'X' for an icon. These programs will be smart, and not run, in BASIC terms, if it is not called by the parent program(s). These sub programs will essentialy shrink the size of all future managers. Though every manager will be released with all the sub programs it needs, you won't have to upload every program.

Also, another first: The DCS version will allow external GUI's. The GUI program is seperate and only works for a specific program. Grade Manager and Money Manager will not be able to share a GUI due to information requirements (unless someone wants to make a compatible GUI for both). This will allow you to create your own GUI for my program to run in. As I progress in creating the DCS version, I will post details that the GUI program will HAVE to contain in order for it to work with the parent program. The GUI Prog will be the only non-sharable program between any of my DCS programs.

Money Manager (my main focus ATM) will consist of the following programs:

• AGGM - Parent Program
  • ZAGPOPUP - Pop-Up engine (to make a box for text)
  • ZAGCOUNT - Adding/Subtracting Engine (to sift through data when editing your money or other factors)
  • ZAGMMGUI - Default GUI (this can be any name, since it is only called upon once)
  • ZAGTABLE - Table Engine (used to create a table of your money.)
  • ZAGTEXTY - Text Engine (used to place text instead of strings.)

Sub programs will also allow easy updates for certain places, rather than finding its spot in the program, then editing it in every program.

I would appreciate it if I can get feed back at my bourd as well as here. I'd like to start getting posts over there, so more people will recognzie it as a place to chat about my programs, and more, and give me ideas. Thanks!

(if you wish to help with the External GUI's, information will be posted at The Lounge only. If you wish to be notified when I am ready for external GUI creation, please sign-up and give me a PM! Thanks.
Cool! Why don't you just start the subprograms with a rand token though so DCS ignores them?
Well, because If you add a 'Hide' feature, I want people to be able to hide the subprogs and the main ones. I did think about it though. Maybe I will. I'm still debating some stuff to do with the DCS version.

Very Good OS BTW!
Thanks, glad you like it. Smile I'm still working to perfect its stability as much as possible.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Very Good OS BTW!

Not to be picky, but just to make sure some n00b doesn't stumble upon this first by mistake...

It is SHELL, not OS. Wink

And yes, it does kick arse. Very Happy
so. I have my own figure of speech! =P My math teacher says I have my own number system (have bad handwritting =X) Off subject anyways! Laughing

EDIT: Didn't see Kerm's post.

Yah, I am leaving MOS after my RAM cleared. it changed the begging character of every program, almost, to a symbol! So, I'm kinda tired of it. =/ Hopefully DCS will be better.

Speaking of which I have a suggesttion, I;ll go make the post ASAP.
I'm not that familiar with your original money manager, so can you tell us more about it? Is it basically an oncalc tracker for withdrawals and deposits, or what?
The original Money Manager is to keep a detailed account of your money. Whether pocket change or what. All the money managers out their say that you 'withdrawl' and 'deposite' something fit for a bank manager. (I AM making one BTW). My Money Manager is to keep track of your money as you see fit.

You can also modify it to keep track of points in a certain game. Like how many 5 point tokens you have, etc. But that would require ALOT of editing.
Ah, so it can basically track any kind of currency with additions and subtractions. Does it keep track of the individual transactions or just the running total?
Running Total.

It can keep track of any currency as long as the currency value matches the value you are inputing.

It supports

• For coins

• Penny
    • Nickel
    • Dime
    • Quarter
    • Half-Dollar
    • Dollar

• Bills

• One
    • Two
    • Five
    • Ten
    • Twenty
    • Fifty
    • Hundred

=P 100% Codded by me so far! =P
I don't normaly do follow-up posts, but I have a question I want people to see as a new post:

"Have you downloaded my Current AGMM (Alex Glanville's Money Manager) and do you like it? What Can I do to improve it? Do you have any 'praises' I can add to the file read-me next time I update?"

I feel bad asking for this stuff, it kinda lowers the setimental value of the result, but I just need to know.
"I have not downloaded it, therefore I think it sucks." Laughing Just Joking

"I have downloaded your current AGMM (Alex Glanville's Money Manager); so far I feel that it meets my needs and is relatively stable. I would be interested in having it keep track of the last n transactions so you could have an 'undo' history in case you made a mistake. Alex has put a lot of work into this, and I applaud his initiative in designing a version specifically for Doors CS."
Why thank you Kerm. There are 2 bugs that I know of (One after changing the Internal Stand-By Timer - redraws the GUI - and one after you Back-Up - quits program/exits to shell.)

I'm hoping that this is resolved later in future versions, but once it is, there will be an imidiate(?) update at all locations. Please send feed back & suggestions, as well as critisim. Thanks! And I look forward to hearing from you guys.
"immediate". Cool, glad my feedback is helpful. Has anyone else tried it out and has an opinion to share?
I get a dim error in VTI and TI Flash Debugger freezes when I try to load it...

I'll try it on my hw calc later. Oh, and you might want to run the readme through a spell checker. Wink
Interesting... As for the spell checking.. will do! (I do recall having TextEdit (Mac Version of NotePad) does spell check, I just can't save it as a .txt. I'll run it through word.

Thanks for the info regarding VTI foamy3.

*EDIT* Sorry it took so long, I posted twice, but I pressed Command+W instead of CRTL+W (on a Mac) and I closed my tab BOTH times Mad I had a lot written too! So I'm just posting this and will post the rest later later.

CRTL+W is the shortcut for adding URL tags in phpBB. At least for me...
Ouch, I hate when things like that happen. Can't you rebind Apple-W (or whatever you people call it) to another key?
not as far as I know. Besides, i took it as a subtle hint as to do stufdy for my math tests in the next two days XD. I'll type it up in word then copy-and-paste it here XD.

@foamy: only professional was spelled wrong >.<
Quote:

Allows custability of main menu at first start-up
Pop-Up windows create a rich and professioanal feel
Innovative First Time Start-Up screen lets you custimize 40% everything
A feature in settings lets you cusimize another hidden feature
This allows the calculator to activate the APD timer and put the calculator too sleep. (Should be to)
What happens if I Wake the calculator while the program is in stand-by? (Capital W)
Other wise it will not be read (Should be 1 word)
If you make anymods to my program (Should be 2 words)

Those are what I caught.

Oh, and don't think I'm making fun of you or anything. My spelling sucks, too. Razz Fixing these should make it look a little more professional.
Quote:

Allows custability of main menu at first start-up startup
Pop-Up windows create a rich and professioanal feel
Innovative First Time Start-Up Startup screen lets you custimize 40% of everything
A feature in settings lets you cusimize another hidden feature
This allows the calculator to activate the APD timer and put the calculator itself too sleep. (Should be to)
What happens if I Wake the calculator while the program is in stand-by standby? (Capital W)
Other wise it will not be read (Should be 1 word)
If you make anymods to my program (Should be 2 words)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours