Yay! It's been accepted to ticalc.org (finally). Click the link and download it! Now.

Click here.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Yay! It's been accepted to ticalc.org (finally). Click the link and download it! Now.

Click here.
It doesn't look like you uploaded it here at all... Sad
I didn't. The way I work it is I upload any betas here and the final to ticalc. Nothing even to UTI. If you really want, I'll upload it here.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
I didn't. The way I work it is I upload any betas here and the final to ticalc. Nothing even to UTI. If you really want, I'll upload it here.
Nah, I don't really care one way or the other. Smile
UPDATE: Version 2.0 is in progress

I am almost completely rewriting this and revamping this for version 2. I have a number of ideas about how to improve it and can't wait to truly get started. All that I have to do is wait for Celtic III to be released. Here's what's planned:

• One of the main problems with the old version was huge memory usage. This version will use lots and lots of subroutines which will be archived. Using the xLIB/CIII function real(10, each subroutine will be copied to RAM when needed and there for only using a small amount of RAM at a time, greatly increasing the amount of features I can add.
• The appvar 'LunarIDE' that I've been using has served two functions in the past: Indicating whether the program has been run before (triggers the splash screen) and keeping track of the last program used. What I plan to do is expand this to keep track of the last 10 programs used for a sort of "history" of past programs.
• With the first bullet (archived subroutines) a new possibility is opened up to me which I'd like to take advantage of: Better interface and graphics. If only a little section of code is unarchived at a time, I'm not incredibly concerned about graphics usage. I want to make this look as 'professional' as possible.
• I'm going to remove the intro menu. On the first opening of the program (the appvar is nonexistant) the splash screen will be shown and you will get a choice of opening / creating a program. From then on, Lunar IDE will open to the last program editted.
• A lot of things will be improved in the upgrade to Celtic III: You can now delete lines. Recalling programs is much quicker. Recalling variables is now viable. Deleting lines is now viable. The need for many assembly subroutines used for programs stats have been eliminated.
• A new menu system. I'm not sure how it's going to work, but it's going to at least be updated.
• This is my latest revelation: A project system. Where the first line of the program is a project name and then you can look through only the programs with that header. (I'm not sure how plausible this is).
• A 'scraps' manager which would act like a clipboard, except it would hold something like 8 lines of code that could be copied in anywhere.
• This was an idea from the first version that was never implemeted: An 'End' counter. It would count the number of opening clauses (e.g., "If then," "While," "For(," etc.) and the number of "End"'s and see if they match up. This is shaky though. We shall see.

I would like to add lots of features to this new version to make it the best that it can be. (The last one wasn't that great). Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

(EDIT: I added more bullets.)
Ah cool, glad you're picking this up again. I can't think of anything in particular beyond the rather ambitious plan that you've outlined for yourself there, but I'll let you know if I think of anything. Good luck!
This is awesome, I am really going to have to try out this here program. I had not even heard about this program. I am really going to have to try this out! Very Happy
@Mexi: Thanks! If you want to try out version 1, it's in my signature.

Don't expect much soon though. I still have to wait for Celtic III to be released to begin serious work on this. For the moment, I'm going to plan like crazy and write the few subroutines I can. Work on graphics. Everything that doesn't depend on Celtic (translation: Almost nothing). Still, if you have any ideas outside the ones listed, or questions about the ideas there, please say so.
So I tested out the program and it is pretty nice. I would actually use it if it was less complicated (as in the actual program editing) and it needs to be optimized A LOT. Because it runs kind of slow and if it were a bit faster that would be a great advantage. Very Happy
So Jonah, while working on Darkfire I decided to add tabbing capability but I just want to know if anyone else thinks its a good idea....?
How so... what does tabbing capability mean in the context of an IDE? I might be able to give you an answer then.
Yay it worked!

Uh it lets you open multiple programs, picture-editors, etc... think multi--threading; pretty much I'm just switching a bunch of variables... this lets a programmer to do things such as recalling a specific part of a program into a program without bothering to find the lines all over again, etc....
Not a bad idea, although the overhead of making it work might outweigh the benefits.
Not really if implemented right you just need one str per tab with up to ten tabs max. Then just display them like you normally would but have a way to switch between them.
Well I've been using a fairly horrible way to do it but its been working;
I have a single list organized into sublists of 12, each sublist constituting a "tab". The first 8 items in the sublists is the name of the program (A-->1, B-->2, etc...) while the remaining 4 are variables used by the IDE to identify the screen... (BTW the four variables contain the current selected line, the line at the top of the screen, the scrolling speed and the length of the program (I realize I could get the last one each time I re-enter the IDE but I found it easier to do it this way...))

After that all it has to do when switching is
1.) know which tab its on
2.) overwrite the current 4 variables into the respective sublist
3.) generate the string containing the new program name
4.) overwrite the current 4 variables with the appropriate ones from the "new" sublist
5.) return to the IDE

Surprisingly its been working fairly well.... but Storm, I'm confused why you would cap it at 10 tabs.... does it really matter?

Now for another idea; should picture editing be included in the IDE so when someone does something to a pic (in the code) an extra button pops up so that you can edit that particular pic then and there? It kinda seems like a waste of effort but I had some cool ideas for a pic editor... like perhaps custom fonts and what not...

here are some other ideas I'm working on implementing;
1.) search
2.) find and replace
3.) embedded matrice editing
4.) automatically put "Asm(" before Asm programs when calling them
5.) switch "Archive prgm", "Unarchive prgm" and "DelVar prgm" to the respective Codex routine
6.) Cut/Copy/Paste
7.) "project grouping" by containing related program names in a header, perhaps unarchiving them automatically when you run the code.

Hmmm... is it possible to create an Assembly program that runs a basic program but , in the event that it quit early due to pressing ON or some error in the code, would also give the line number at which it stopped? Question

oh and it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could write a program that deletes a line from a program entirely... because apparently Celtic2 cant... Sad
He was capping it at ten tabs because he was assuming you would be using a single string for the contents of each tab, therefore you would be unable to have more than 10 tabs.
KermMartian wrote:
He was capping it at ten tabs because he was assuming you would be using a single string for the contents of each tab, therefore you would be unable to have more than 10 tabs.

I'm confused... I thought the limit was 128 characters so you could have a max of 16 tabs.... ?
rthprog wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I'm confused... I thought the limit was 128 characters so you could have a max of 16 tabs.... ?
128 characters per screen yes, but 1) why is that 16 tabs? And 2) he was saying a separate string for the contents of each tab, so since the calculator has only Str0 through Str9, that's ten possible tabs.
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

128 characters per screen yes, but 1) why is that 16 tabs? And 2) he was saying a separate string for the contents of each tab, so since the calculator has only Str0 through Str9, that's ten possible tabs.

oh.... never mind; I read somewhere that the sub command fails if the strings is greater than 128 characters (which obviously isnt true) and thought he was referring to that; 16 tabs because 128/8 = 16....

a single string per tab? aaaaahhhh that would be such a waste..... and more difficult to switch between tabs....
How would that be a waist or a pain to switch between tabs all you do I say limit it to Like 9 tabs and then always use the tenth tab to hold the current string, also have a list containing the position in that list you are at in that current tab. Then all you have to do to switch tabs is sto the main string to the correct tab string and update the list then load the new tab into main one.
Its basically the same method you are using but you don't have to keep converting between lists and strs cuz they are all strings, and if you really wanted you could store the name of the program in beginning of the string so you don't have to figure out what it is every time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours