So I took a peek at what you guys are doing. It's been a long time, but it still piques my interest, though my mouse isn't working. Neutral

I took a look at my console.log, but there doesn't seem to be anything abnormal. This is just a direct update from the svn.

On a side note, how's the ldraw coming? Are you guys doing it through the Torque engine directly or via torquescript?

I'd be glad to help out with some scripts or something if needed in the future.
Good to see you around, Bleh. That sounds like a pref issue, could you firstly ensure they are all there (core/pref.cs & core/client/pref.cs & core/server/pref.cs). If this was the case then the cursor would just be a small red dot, but it would still work. Is there absolutely no cursor?

LDraw is coming along nicely, and it will be handled by the engine rather than scripts for the most part.

We'd be glad to have you working on Freebuild. As of right now you could look through the bugs that have been reported, either on these forums or on our bounty source site (https://tbg.bountysource.com/development). It would also be great to see your ideas for features or changes. And again, good to see you back.
Ah, I'm sorry, I misreported my issue. The mouse is working, but I can't look around with it in-game. So I can navigate menus and whatnots, but when I actually start the game, it doesn't seem to work any more unless I bring up a menu. The keyboard does work though and I can move around, just not change my POV.

I'll take a look at the bugs/features but I probably won't get involved until it's more focused on script-based code -- I don't have any experience with the engine itself. Though, if the frame rate issue is fixed and ldraw blocks are implemented, this seems to be a very promising project.
Bleh7777 wrote:
On a side note, how's the ldraw coming? Are you guys doing it through the Torque engine directly or via torquescript?

It's coming. You may have noticed the latest SVN builds ask for the location of your LDraw installation. It's actually on hold while I investigate and attempt to mitigate a somewhat serious performance issue with how Torque handles the rendering static shapes.
Bleh, the issue may have been resolved within the last few updates. Try updating from SVN, and see if that fixes your problem.
Bleh7777 wrote:
Though, if the frame rate issue is fixed and ldraw blocks are implemented, this seems to be a very promising project.

This is what I'm focusing my energy on right now, along with minor bug fixes to help stabilize the engine.
Bleh7777 wrote:
So I took a peek at what you guys are doing. It's been a long time, but it still piques my interest, though my mouse isn't working. Neutral
Generally if I delete the bindings scripts and refetch, it fixes it for me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours