aeTIos wrote:
Could I share Chemix under 'utility' ?
It might be utility, but I'd wait for contra-sh to make that call. Can I safely assume that Sandpaper is a utility, while we're on the topic?
Sorry it's not "utility" (utilitaire in french) but "tool" Smile

All program wich aren't games are "tools" (demo is a game but simulation could be a game or a tool, etc...)

Of course "chemix" is typically a tool Smile
Same thing for sandpaper Smile
Ok I am putting my math series into it the competition. I am almost done just need some finishing touches. And my calculus needs work because I am in the class now so I only have reimuns sum. ... Now to source coder.

Also where do we need to upload it. Can we do it to a special archive here because i cant even begin to speak french and i would be totally lost on your site..

also what is the last date to turn in programs.
Cool ! Very Happy

Quote:
Also where do we need to upload it. Can we do it to a special archive here because i cant even begin to speak french and i would be totally lost on your site..

You need to register and create a project in this site (official zcontest website) : http://tiforge.info/zcontest3/
Don't worry it's entirely both in french and english (just click on the EN link in right top of the page).
You can see the project here : http://tiforge.info/zcontest3/?a=projets
You can also post a subject in the dedicated subforum on yaronet z80 forum :
http://www.yaronet.com/sujets.php?f=3179
French and english spoken so don't worry (there's already 4 english people) Smile

Quote:
also what is the last date to turn in programs.

1rst december.
But it's a good idea to post a short description quickly and announce your project even if there's no files and no screenies.
Just to discuss about it Smile
But it's up to you Razz
Ok thank you. will do.

Edit:
All signed up and commened on that page.

But I cant see how to add a project under the projects tab.
Edit:
Found it. All signed up and good to go.
It should be in a section called "my account" or something like this
On the left maybe after "member's list" or something like this (I can't see the english version)
Ya I found it. Thanks though.

Also. Is user friendly going to be a judging criteria. And also looking more at how it works than the size of it.

For example for my volumes and area program I use repeat loops to solve for every unknown variable. It takes a good chunk of space but it solves for alot.
Aes_Sedia: doube post (maybe accidentally double-clicked?)
Also yay for chemix being allowed.
Quote:
Thanks. How do I delete that post?

The X in the right corner of your post

About the judging :
Quote:

GRADING OF UTILITIES :

Each jury member will test all the utilities in his/her category/ies, and an average will be taken from all the grades.
Any bugs will be penalized.

The grading is as follows :

-Usefulness : /15
-Difficulty : /10
-Quality : /5
-Fluidity : /5
-Originality : /5
-Total: /40

Yes difficulty and quality is important Smile

Quote:
Also yay for chemix being allowed.

You're welcome Smile
Ok good thanks.
Regarding registering your entry, which took me a minute to find. English speakers: go to My Account, Add Project, and you can then fill things in there. I've added Sandpaper. Smile
This is going to be fun.... We should have some contests here at cemetech sometime.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
This is going to be fun.... We should have some contests here at cemetech sometime.
We've had seven contests to date, and there's probably another one coming soon. Take a look at the Contests subforum to see entries and discussion of all our past contests. I think you need to browse around the site more and see what we've currently and previously worked on. Smile
Ya I probably should do that. thanks
Here the complete rules :
Quote:

PROGRAM :

Only TI-Basic, extended TI-Basic/Axe Parser/BBC Basic and assembler z80 programs will be accepted, and for the TI 82, 83, 83+ and 84+ only.

The program should be uploaded in a zip file before 1st December 2011, 23:59 (UTC+1) with all necessary files to properly run the program.

A notice must be included in the zip file, which should describe the game and tell us a little about it.
The program can be split into several parts. Any plagiarism will disqualify both the program and participant from the competition.

The program can not have been published before the opening date of the competition, though its publication is allowed during the contest period.

Each participant may submit up to three programs in several categories.

Juries are arranged by category : a judge will test all the programs from at least one category, but no more than three. The judges will be appointed by the contest organizer, postulation free. Qualifications: serious behavior, general knowledge of video games and TI calculators (registration on the website).
It is obviously impossible for a judge to participate in a group s/he judges.
However, a judge may submit a program for a category that s/he does not judge.

No size restriction, but it will be taken into account when grading.

For extended TI-Basic programs, all libraries may be used. It will be necessary to provide the used library in the zip file.

For assembler or Axe Parser programs, the final archive must contain the source code.

CATEGORIES :

There are three categories for the competition :

* The TI-Basic, using only the TI-Basic functions of the calculator.
* The extended TI-Basic/Axe Parser/BBC Basic, which use other libraries, as well as the TI-Basic.
* The assembler, which will be fully programmed in assembler, running under Ion or any other shell, such as MirageOs.

THEME :

The theme is open, the participant has the freedom to choose his/her subject and program as long as it complies with the prescribed rules.

GRADING OF GAMES :

Each jury member will test all the games in his/her category/ies, and an average will be taken from all the grades.

-Gameplay (ownership, interest, pleasure felt playing the game, interface, scenario ...) : /15
-Smooth, speed of execution : /5
-Graphics (graphics, interface menu ...) : /5
-Life : /5
-Technical quality (size/games, technical challenge ...) : /5
-Total : /40

GRADING OF UTILITIES :

Each jury member will test all the utilities in his/her category/ies, and an average will be taken from all the grades.

-Usefulness : /15
-Difficulty : /10
-Quality : /5
-Fluidity : /5
-Total: /40

or here : http://tiforge.info/zcontest3/?a=rules

Smile

edit : Aes_Sedia5 : it seems you haven't given a title and a "fast description" to your project (neither in french or english).
Thats odd. I will have to try again... Must have missed something there.
Aes_Sedia5: all is ok now Smile
Thanks ya I just did not see that part. One sub rountine is done for now. I hope.
Contra, do you know who the judges are going to be yet? Since you're one of the entrants, is it fair to assume that you're not also one of the judges? Very Happy
Quote:
For extended TI-Basic programs, all libraries may be used. It will be necessary to provide the used library in the zip file.

When you say you need to include the library, would you link to it or actually have the library in your zip file? This could be a problem because as far as I know DCS isn't allowed to be distributed online through means other than the official download sites.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours