This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Xeda112358

Posted: 09 Apr 2012 04:03:53 pm    Post subject:

After playing with an idea from shmibs over on Omnimaga, I created this little beast. It allows you to select menu items/options from menus you are not currently viewing. Or let me put it this way: Say you want to access the string menu a lot, but you don't want to constantly go to the menu. Wouldn't it be great if you could press a key combo and the string you want is suddenly right there? Well here you go :D

Anyways, to use:
-Send it to your calc
-Run it
-Any keyhooks will be replaced by this and the first part of RAM at appBackUpScreen will be used

Now got o a menu of your liking (like the string menu, for example), and press [ON]+[Vars]. That menu will now be your quick menu.
Anywhere in the OS, like the program editor, Y= editor, homescreen, or whatever, if you want a menu item from that menu, press ON+[number]. For example, to get Str7, press [ON]+[7]. Here is an example:
[attachment=3551:MenuKeyHookEx1.gif]
As you can see, you can set a number of menus to work with this. The only menus that will not work are menus with user defined vars. For example, the program list or app list.

Problems:
-After viewing the app list or program list, the hook temporarily stops working. To fix this, just view another menu Smile

Last edited by Guest on 09 Apr 2012 04:04:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
jammasterz

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 12:27:14 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible to permanently patch the OS? It would be awesome if this feautre was allrady in OS even after a crash.
Xeda112358

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 12:57:52 pm    Post subject:

Actually, there are ways to patch the OS, but I am not sure how difficult this would be. Patching the OS is still a bit beyond me, though. If you've ever heard of zStart (a very powerful app) it does crazy things with the OS so that it still remains active after crashes (it also allows you to have awesome grayscale startup screens, font changing, automatic mode settings after crashes, and a bazillion other features).
nathanpetersenn

Posted: 14 Apr 2012 09:06:49 pm    Post subject:

Hey! I'm a newbie at asm but I'm pretty good at TI Basic. I wrote a math assistant program and then converted it to a app via the basicbuilder application for windows. Long story short, I have a app.

I would like to run the app when a key sequence is pressed, similar to MirageOS and its [ON]+[APPS] hook.

HOW THE HECK DO I DO THIS! I've been looking around all over the internet for hooks and how to use them and such... I have a small understanding of them but whenever I get sample code for a hook, it never works. I don't know enough about asm to debug the program, so I look for a new example. (I have a compiler and all that [I made a "Hello World!" program so I know it works]) Could you perhaps modify a keyhook program so that [ON]+[PROGRAM] starts an app? Idk if its useful but I'm using a 84+SE and my app name is AAAMathy.

If anything, point me in the right direction so I can make this keyhook. THANKS!
jammasterz

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 04:45:34 am    Post subject:

The only way i can think of is to create your own interrupt table with ISR and set the calculator to interrupt mode 2. Of course its asm. I could help you with that, but i will wait till Thunderbolt returns, because she will knows at least 10 alternative and better ways to do that. My solution has a downside- if you somehow reset your ram, the program that does that will be gone. But i dont think its a problem since if you do that your program will dissappear as well Very Happy
nathanpetersenn

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 05:52:57 pm    Post subject:

okay cool! Smile Also, I was wondering can the calc run "background" programs? Like a screen saver? That has a 1 minute countdown timer that resets with every key stroke? Then it would run a program to bounce a ball around or something then turn off the calc? Just a simpleish idea.
Xeda112358

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 10:16:00 am    Post subject:

Sorry, I was gone for a bit... I emailed the creator of BB, but I have yet to get a response. The easiest way to activate an APP is to use a keyhook, but I will need to know how it is exactly that BB runs its assembly programs (and what RAM areas it might use) :/

As for running "background programs," you will have to use interrupts, but those get disabled at certain menus and must be rather quick. A ball bouncing around the screen should work, but it could really slow stuff down.
jammasterz

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 12:06:55 pm    Post subject:

I thought once about screen savers. I think you dont have to make the actual screen saver within an interrupt, but just start a program with it. So for example after the counter gets to bla bla it backups what the screen saver will destory(like variables and stuff), then copies the running program ( if there is any) alsewhere, and starts the SS.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Apr 2012 12:09:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement