This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 09:41:09 pm    Post subject:

Dear United-TI members old and new,

It is our pleasure to announce that United-TI will be merging into Cemetech (http://www.cemetech.net/). As you may well know, Cemetech is a vast community of hardware and software programmers led by Christopher Mitchell (Kerm Martian) that has remained active since 2001. Cemetech specializes in advanced programming for not only TI graphing calculators but also the newest Casio Prizm color graphing calculators that we collectively believe may surpass the offerings of Texas Instruments given their ease of programming, powerful microprocessors, and overall value. In addition to remaining active for all these years, Cemetech leads the development and testing of calculator-centric DIY hardware that among other things has proven its ability to network many calculators together and has even interfaced them with desktop computers and the Internet via specialized assembly language software and protocols

At United-TI our mission has always been to exceed the expectations of members; right now we believe the best course of action for the calculator hobbyist community is to merge into Cemetech for continued stability and availability of the wealth of accumulated knowledge United-TI has collected over the past decade.

Cemetech will integrate not only the United-TI databases, but it will also try to restore the long-lost programming archives from when United-TI ran Zabotage, a custom Perl/CGI interface from when we were originally founded from the Cirrus Programming Group, Calcbasic, Calc83p, Prokul Interactive, and AlienCC. Cemetech will also try to release the source code for Nimbus OS, which was dug up by David Lindstrom in Sweden around December 2010. As has ALWAYS been the plan, the source code will be released though on Cemetech's website.

I must say that all of the original founders of United-TI have moved on to different things. Not only have we all graduated high school in our tenure here, but we all went on and graduated College and have become gainfully employed. Some of us have started families, and most of us work on paid projects for other people, companies, and government agencies. Simply put, we have all left due to life, but it has been a pleasure.

I know I speak for David, Alan, Glen, Jon, and myself (Justin) when I thank all of you for your continued support and hanging with us for a decade. If you would like more information about Cemetech or the merger of United-TI, please visit us at http://www.cemetech.net/

Sincerely,

-Justin

Last edited by Guest on 15 Apr 2012 11:09:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeda112358

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 10:47:00 am    Post subject:

This seems like it will be interesting to say the least. I wasn't around when UTI started, but I appreciate what has been put into it. Also, I am pretty sure I downloaded the Nimbus OS source from here not that long ago...
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 04:47:40 am    Post subject:

I heard the news at Omnimaga. It kind of saddens me that UTI won't be around anymore. At least not in it's current form. Does anyone know if the merger is actually going to be a merger of sorts(IE database), or more of an old forum archive? I just want to know if I'll still have a UTI account, or if I'll actually need to sign up at Cemetech to post. It'd be nice if topics were left intact and able to be posted to IMHO, rather than just an archive.
Xeda112358

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 05:37:19 am    Post subject:

Yeah, there are still a few active topics, so it makes me curious about how that will work out :/

EDIT: I mean that I don't know if I should put a post at each of my topics saying that the topic will be closed soon and that any new info can be found elsewhere (and obviously I would provide the elsewhere).

Last edited by Guest on 17 Apr 2012 05:38:45 am; edited 1 time in total
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 01:14:35 pm    Post subject:

Art_of_camelot wrote:

I heard the news at Omnimaga. It kind of saddens me that UTI won't be around anymore. At least not in it's current form. Does anyone know if the merger is actually going to be a merger of sorts(IE database), or more of an old forum archive? I just want to know if I'll still have a UTI account, or if I'll actually need to sign up at Cemetech to post. It'd be nice if topics were left intact and able to be posted to IMHO, rather than just an archive.
I think you'll find that we at Cemetech are friendly and knowledgeable; I wouldn't consider it too much of a hardship that you'll have to say hello to us, personally. Smile UTI accounts will only be preserved insofar as they will be linked to posts, but the archives will be read-only. Also, if you have questions about the merger, I'm answering a lot of them in the Cemetech thread, since ten days hence this forum won't exist in its current form.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement