This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Math and Science => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
SriramanIyer

Posted: 24 Sep 2011 01:34:40 pm    Post subject:

Once a graph is plotted by the TI, how to find

a. Roots

b. Minimum ( its not showing... once min is pressed on the app- analyze graph )

c. Maximum ( its not showing... once min is pressed on the app- analyze graph )

d. Finding a x value for a random input of y value

e. Finding a y value for a random input of x value
Xeda112358

Posted: 28 Sep 2011 02:40:46 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I don't have the Nspire, but I know that on the TI-84, the user would have to input an upper or lower bound on the graph and then press enter again for it to find a solution. To locate X values on the TI-84, the user would press [Trace] and then enter a value or move the cursor.

Again, I do not have an Nspire, so I cannot help very much :/
rankinc

Posted: 28 Sep 2011 07:53:49 pm    Post subject:

Here's some possibly helpful pages:

Maximum and Minimum

Zeroes (x intercept)

Graphing Tidbits

Mathbits.com
Xeda112358

Posted: 29 Sep 2011 02:30:34 am    Post subject:

Hey, long time no see! Do you have an Nspire, now, or did you just look up the info? And thanks for posting, I get bothered when questions go unanswered for too long and I can't answer them XD
rankinc

Posted: 29 Sep 2011 05:02:13 am    Post subject:

ThunderBolt wrote:

Hey, long time no see! Do you have an Nspire, now, or did you just look up the info?

Oh having a TI-Nspire ... wishful thinking. Nope just looked up some info for non cas Nspire.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement