Try typing <iframe> into sax and see what you get. It seems to not catch the html and convert the < and > signs.
That's only clientside, when SAX is echoing what you said while it's in the midst of sending your line of text to the server. The serverside scripts take care of all the stripping of HTML, and return it to you. You could easily type in bolding and iframes and all that jazz, but no one else besides you will see it. Smile It even disappears for you as soon as the you get your next update from the server.
yeah I know, you should let us post html code though, just not as html, so replace the < with &lt; etc so it doesn't take out <appname> and such.
Eeems wrote:
yeah I know, you should let us post html code though, just not as html, so replace the < with &lt; etc so it doesn't take out <appname> and such.
All done. Works SAX->SAX, IRC->SAX, and SAX->IRC. Smile
yay! thanks Kerm!
Eeems wrote:
yay! thanks Kerm!
My pleasure, did you test it and find it working? I've actually been meaning to deal with that for quite some time.
Indeed, thanks Kerm. I've been requesting this for quite a long time now. Glad to see it finally implemented Smile
er... Neutral

swivelgames wrote:
er... Neutral

I know, it actually happens both ways, SAX to IRC and IRC to SAX. I just got a bit overzealous with the HTML stripping, but the fix should be fairly simple.
It happens on my side too (Opera 10.53)
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
It happens on my side too (Opera 10.53)
Thanks for the report, DJ. I just need to whitelist the links in my tag-protection function.
Lol, well at least it was an easy fix Razz
Eeems wrote:
0x5, well at least it was an easy fix Razz
*will be, I still haven't done it yet. It's an easy fix, but it's not completely trivial. Very Happy
ah ok, well that's still not too bad. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours