Exit the server (go back to the main menu) and go into the options menu and make sure you have your keys setup. TBG is in it's developmental stages and sometimes the binds file isn't included so users have to manually setup their keyboard layout.
More specifically, make sure you specifically select Laptop or Desktop in the bindings tab, and then Apply that. Swivelgames, when you were requesting that he "recommit," that was in correct. In SVN-ese, a Checkout is when you get a remote copy of the code onto your local machine. You then use it or edit it, and if you make changes, you Commit those changes back to the remote server so that others can check out your code. Smile You should have been requesting that he re-checkout the game.
OK guys i got the game to work all right now! i don't need anymore help!
deathride58 wrote:
OK guys i got the game to work all right now! i don't need anymore help!
Excellent, we're just making sure documentation of the fix is properly in order for the next person who reads this topic and is having the same problem. Smile
You were missing quite a few files at first, which is why you couldn't get it to start (there is no main.cs where it should be). Your second problem should be taken care of now by the intro GUI. Depending on when you checked out the files it might not have been in your copy, or you might have completely skipped it. Either way, glad it works!
CyberPrime, I'd be interested in seeing this new intro at some point; if I re-checkout, will I get it? Or do I need to do something afterwards to trigger it?
You will need to recheckout. You can either rename your custom.bind.cs file, or go into the Help GUI and click "Intro" on the bottom left. Your choice Razz
CyberPrime wrote:
You will need to recheckout. You can either rename your custom.bind.cs file, or go into the Help GUI and click "Intro" on the bottom left. Your choice Razz
Good stuff, I'll check it out.
Cyber, the last couple times I've tried to check out, I've gotten conflicts between helpgui.gui files with variations in capitalization
Ah, really? I'll check it out. Are you sure everything is checked out okay? I don't see anything wrong...
Is your file system case sensitive or case-insensitive?
Quite case sensitive. Ah, I read your problem wrong. I fixed it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours