When I press the FreeBuild startup icon, it says "Failed to open main.cs" "Failed to intialize game,shutting down." Also I got an error on the download. Is it supposed to take 15 minutes?
That means you haven't downloaded completely or that you need to redownload. Depending on your internet speed, the first download should be between 10 and 30 minutes, and updates after that should usually take about 30 seconds.
elfprince13 wrote:
That means you haven't downloaded completely or that you need to redownload. Depending on your internet speed, the first download should be between 10 and 30 minutes, and updates after that should usually take about 30 seconds.
This. You're the second person that I know of to have gotten an error on the initial download, and didn't realize it meant that the download was incomplete.
Facebook stopped working?
I redownloaded but it's still doing the same thing. I gotta get a new modem. :L
I redownloaded it yesterday, and I got the same error message.
Svenne wrote:
I redownloaded it yesterday, and I got the same error message.
Can you specify what exactly the error message was?

Edit: In Tortoise SVN (or your SVN client of choice), not in Freebuild itsel.f
The comment for r397 (the HEAD revision as of now) was a case change in a file name for consistency.
The name of /trunk/core/client/ui/helpdlg.gui was changed to HelpDLG.gui.
However, I should actually say it was copied, because both files are still there. Because Windows is case-insensitive, this means it's getting two files that are equivalent in name, and Windows doesn't like that.
The error results from a temporary file being erroneously deleted (same name, different case).
helpdlg.gui just needs to be deleted.
I've had that trouble too.....

*glances at CyberPrime*
I thought I'd fixed it! I'll be sure to take care of it this time around.
When will you compile an installer?
Svenne wrote:
When will you compile an installer?
Actually, that's a good question, I second the question. Smile
I can answer that. When the project ceases to be a moving target.
DShiznit wrote:
I can answer that. When the project ceases to be a moving target.

This exactly.
Yay, r398 has been released, and helpdlg.gui is gone! Razz
Now I can start messing around w/it...
calcdude84se wrote:
Yay, r398 has been released, and helpdlg.gui is gone! Razz
Now I can start messing around w/it...

On that note, I'm getting an error about changing the parent namespace linkage for some of the gui controls in the first run dialog.
Okay, that should be it now...
CyberPrime wrote:
Okay, that should be it now...
Glad to hear that we're getting some commits done on this, guys. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours