Kllrnohj wrote:
rivereye wrote:
Kll: 1: I use Win XP, not 98
2: I really don't want Linux to be able to access my Win partition
3: I will have FAT32 Pratition just for Data storage, for both OSe

sorry, i figured you were using Win98 cause of this: "now to convert from Win 98 to Linux Server."

WinXP uses NTFS by default, linux would only be able to read from it, not write (or you could just have linux completely ignore it by not even mounting it - which is not done for you anyway, lol)

Understandable. They computer I'm looking into changing itnto the server is running 98 curently, and the one I want to go dual boot is running XP Pro. if things go well though, I might be able to change over an XP computer to a server (upgrding mine soon)
Sounds interesting. But could XP run on a 98-era computer?
later 98, like just before ME and XP came out
KermMartian wrote:
Sounds interesting. But could XP run on a 98-era computer?

short-answer: yes (my sister has a Win98 comp - came that way from gateway - and its a 1.4gz AMD w/ 512mb ram)
yeah, but early 98 probobaly won't be able to handle it. We need specs Kerm
Exactly. Oh wait, this isn't about me, you realize, right? I was answering someone else...
Well, my lap top won't handle XP, something to do with the processor speed and what not... My laptop was made in 99...
Cool. My tablet was made in '03, If I can ever get it fixed. Rolling Eyes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours