In recognition of his dedication to Cemetech and Doors CS this summer, several cool upcoming projects, and help in general site matters, Merthsoft has been promoted to a Global Moderator. With about 130 posts, he among the "green"est members to have been promoted to a GMod, but we hope his promotion will help keep things running smoothly (and respectfully). You'll note that the moderators of many of the subfora are no longer active members, so over the next few weeks many of the moderators will be replaced. Feel free to request a position as a moderator of a subforum or as a global moderator, but please don't be disappointed or insulted if we pick someone else over you. If the site activity continues to grow into the schoolyear, we may need to continue adding staff, so don't be discouraged if you're not picked this time around.

Congrats to Merth!
I like the color green, so I'm ok with that. Also, yay me!

I'll do my best with the respectfully part Razz
Congrats Merth! You are an xXEpicxXXxWinXx in my book now!
Congrats Merth!!! Hmmm... I wonder if I could go from Newbie to Moderator...
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Congrats Merth! You are an xXEpicxXXxWinXx in my book now!
*facepalm* Very Happy

Re: respectfully: ie, edit Kllrnohj's posts when he gets too enthusiastic. Wink I kid.
Woot woot.

Great achievement Merth!
KermMartian wrote:
Re: respectfully: ie, edit Kllrnohj's posts when he gets too enthusiastic. Wink I kid.

Fair warning merthsoft, don't edit my posts unless you really want to piss me off. Otherwise, congrats.
I won't edit yours if you don't edit mine!
I'll be asking this more formally elsewhere in the near future, but does anyone who's reading this post have an interest of being a moderator of one or more of the subfora, and if so, which ones?
What responsibilities would that entail?
Welcome to the GMod club Merthsoft!
merthsoft wrote:
What responsibilities would that entail?
Generally I want the moderator of a subforum to be skilled or knowledgeable in that aspect. For example, for Doors CS, it would be someone who has shown aptitude in debugging and has helped me a lot with Doors CS (besides the normal moderator traits: good grammatical skills, good mediation ability, frequent visits). For something like TI-BASIC or z80 ASM, the moderator would be a seasoned, published coder in the given language(s). The requirements for something like Your Projects or Member Projects would be more general but probably more demanding. I might even want two moderators for those two subfora.
merthsoft wrote:
I like the color green, so I'm ok with that. Also, yay me!

I'll do my best with the respectfully part Razz

Traitor.
Congrats, but I do not see any green color anywhere. I checked the online list in both Opera and Firefox and his nickname is the exact same color as Kerm's Confused
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Congrats, but I do not see any green color anywhere. I checked the online list in both Opera and Firefox and his nickname is the exact same color as Kerm's Confused
Nono, I meant that he is green in the colloquial sense of a newbie, a rookie, a fresh-faced youngster. Wink The other gmods all have well over 1K posts, and up to 5K and 7K in the case of Kllrnohj.

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/groupcp.php?g=531
You're the only member of that group Sad
comicIDIOT wrote:
Oh, I guess the members are hidden to non-members. The four GMods are now Kllrnohj, Merthsoft, Rivereye, and TheStorm.
Can I apply for a subforum-moderation job? That would be nice.
qazz42 wrote:
Can I apply for a subforum-moderation job? That would be nice.
What subforum did you have in mind, Qazz?
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Oh, I guess the members are hidden to non-members. The four GMods are now Kllrnohj, Merthsoft, Rivereye, and TheStorm.

Except you forget the fact that I am also an admin of the forum there Kerm.

Grats to Merth though, I look forward to working with you in driving the site forward.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours