foamy3 wrote:
Well, mobile browsers are pretty much all single-user, so a logout button is going to be overlooked. Making the "go to new posts" button the same and right next to it is kind of asking for trouble. Maybe put it on a new line? Preferably above the row it's on now.
I like that idea a lot (of course only for logged-in users; it's meaningless otherwise), since I'd expect that to be the simple most-frequently-clicked link for mobile users. In fact, I'd even feel comfortable pushing the welcome/logout bar to the bottom of the page, which I know is a pretty radical idea.
KermMartian wrote:
In fact, I'd even feel comfortable pushing the welcome/logout bar to the bottom of the page, which I know is a pretty radical idea.

I'd be all for that.
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
In fact, I'd even feel comfortable pushing the welcome/logout bar to the bottom of the page, which I know is a pretty radical idea.

I'd be all for that.
Sweet, I think it would work out well then. ComicIDIOT, would you be appalled at that suggestion?
No. Would I move the entire bar to the bottom or leave "New posts, New Messages" at the top and move the other two to the bottom.

I believe Swivel has his logout link at the bottom of his current site at the moment, actually.
comicIDIOT wrote:
No. Would I move the entire bar to the bottom or leave "New posts, New Messages" at the top and move the other two to the bottom.

I believe Swivel has his logout link at the bottom of his current site at the moment, actually.
I'd say:

1) For logged-out users, have either a login link at the top, or a user/pass input field.

2) For logged-in users, have only a New Posts link at the top, and a messages/welcome/logout bar at the bottom.
Things requested in other Topics:
  • Bold unread topics.
A link to SAX would be nice, along with some way to temporarily disable the mobile theme.
souvik1997 wrote:
A link to SAX would be nice, along with some way to temporarily disable the mobile theme.
Added that link, working on improving it; You can find it at the bottom after "Logout."

I'll also work on a "Disable of C6M" Link, but that could be a while; until then avoid setting your theme as C6M Smile
I like the idea of doing dynamic URL rewriting to make an m.cemetech.net possible; it just won't be easy. I shall ponder.
I don't know if it's at all idealistic. The only reason why you'd want to do that is if you set your profile theme to C6M and can't get it back to the default. I'm planning to make C6M as universal as possible. At some point I'll skin the profile edit page but that's a low priority.

In other words you'll have access to most of the features in C6 from C6M, forgiving SC and MT3. I'll be adding Quote, Edit & Delete links to posts. But, we'll see how popular C6M gets and whether people like using it outside of a mobile environment.
If people could just go to m.cemetech.net to access the mobile version of the site, then you wouldn't even need to set your theme! There's no reason to not have it both ways but with no useragent detection, though.
I go to m.cemetech.net and still see Cemetech6 :/

Change to be made soon?

Edit+2hrs: I just realized, the way I have the Quote, Edit & Delete links setup is that you'll see the following:
Quote:
Quote | Edit | Delete |
If you just made a post and
Quote:
Quote | Edit | |
If you can no longer delete a post. KermM, any chance you could add some sort of break to the variables to allow them not to double up like that?

Also, the Search page has a missing image due to the variable looking into a folder that isn't there or something. Any chance you could create a C6M Search Var for the pages and/or for last post (since your request under the development thread asked for a last post link PSmile.
Sometimes, when you try to write a post before the page finishes loading, the text box disappears. Although, it could be a Mobile Safari bug because it has also happened in Cemetech6.
Hm. I've never encountered such a bug, but I rarely use Safari on my computer nor on Mobile Safari.

I'll see what I can do to alleviate that from C6M.
btw, I'm running iOS 3.1.3
Why so low? Are you on a first generation iPod Touch? My lowest iOS is 2.1, so I'll try to replicate it on that first.
Comic: How about I change the text in the edit/quote/delete buttons to "Edit |", "Quote", "| Delete" ? My logic is that for others' posts, you can only quote. No pipes. When it's your post, you can do all three: two pipes needed. When it's your older post, you can only do the first two. One pipe needed. Makes sense?
Sounds good! Don't forget about the variables for the archives Razz Did you see what I had in mind, should I change it up at all?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Why so low? Are you on a first generation iPod Touch? My lowest iOS is 2.1, so I'll try to replicate it on that first.

iOS 4 runs extremely slow on my iPhone 3G.
Ah, that famed problem; makes sense.

Page 2 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours