Cemetech has been gradually picking up steam in the recent months, as projects like Doors CS and CALCnet have come to fruition and the site has re-expanded its graphing calculator focus, and with several improvements in the site to handle the increased traffic, including a forum reorganization and a mobile version of the website for phones under construction by comicIDIOT, I am proud to announce the promotions of _player1537 and comicIDIOT to Global Moderator.

Both _player1537 and comicIDIOT have provided great service to Cemetech throughout their tenures. _player1537 has proven an enthusiastic developer and coder in the calculator and computer arenas, coding TI-BASIC, dabbling in z80 ASM, Axe, and C, and experimenting with Javascript and web applications. He has started and provided valuable contributions to many popular threads, and shows great promise for the future. It is my pleasure to welcome him to the Cemetech staff.

ComicIDIOT originally joined the community as some18kalan0n3, coding TI-BASIC. He gradually lost touch with the calculator community over the years, and got into photography and web design. However, in the past year or two he returned to Cemetech again, has been a very helpful member (besides joining me and other Cemetech members in countless rousing Unreal Tournament 2004 matches), and has proven his worth as a moderator of the Photography section. He's been occasionally toying with TI-BASIC once again, and as mentioned above, has been helping with various important site tasks, especially the creation of a mobile theme. It is my pleasure to welcome him to full global moderator status.

Please give a hearty welcome to the new global moderators! At present, the following users hold some kind of position:

Numero Uno: Kerm Martian, yours truly
Admins: Elfprince13, TIFreak8x, JPez*, Rivereye
Global Mods: comicIDIOT, Kllrnohj, Merthsoft, TheStorm, _Player1537

* Italicized positions are emeritus, as the user is no longer active
Congrats guys!
Woo!
Congrats. Now Merth has even more reason to bully you. Wink
I will do my best!
Sidebar, do you guys think that it's worthwhile to make global moderators able to see adminSAX and tempban, or is that useless in the face of the presence of admins?
I dunno, tempbanning qazz42 seems like a good idea sometimes >.> Just Joking
Well, you've only got two admins plus yourself. I guess my suggestions would maybe be to upgrade some people up to admin.
Congrats guys, good luck with the banhammer.
merthsoft wrote:
Well, you've only got two admins plus yourself. I guess my suggestions would maybe be to upgrade some people up to admin.
Mmmm, indeed. I'd be tempted to upgrade Rivereye, since he has the most seniority other than Kllrnohj, but it seems like he hasn't been around that much lately. To be honest, there's not a whole lot more that Admins can do than GMods, other than moderate the archives, moderator the Projects, moderate the News, edit all of the forum backend stuff, and ban people.
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
Mmmm, indeed. I'd be tempted to upgrade Rivereye, since he has the most seniority other than Kllrnohj, but it seems like he hasn't been around that much lately. To be honest, there's not a whole lot more that Admins can do than GMods, other than moderate the archives, moderator the Projects, moderate the News, edit all of the forum backend stuff, and ban people.

What can all the different ranks do, and what are they, well the "mod" ranks.
Congratulations to those promoted.

Kerm, updated your post (and soon the news article) reflecting my actual level of membership on this board.
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
Ah, then maybe seeing those things would be good.
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
Um... Rivereye is an admin and he has been for a while Kerm...
Too bad they're both morons. Nice try though.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Too bad they're both morons. Nice try though.

Ty allynfolksjr Very Happy
I swear, this site gets worse with age.
rivereye wrote:
Congratulations to those promoted.

Kerm, updated your post (and soon the news article) reflecting my actual level of membership on this board.
Sorry, I'm apparently retarded by all popular opinion, right Nikky? Laughing
You should totally make me an admin
Nice, congrats to those who got promoted!

I thought Ultimate Dev'r was also a GMod and Kllrnohj admin, though? Shock

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours