Hello,
What is the file structure of a ROM file? 0x0000-0x3FFF is Page 00, I know, and I think that 0x4000-0x7FFF is Page 01, and so on, but can someone give me a list of the page order?
There is no "structure", as such, it's just a dump of the entire ROM chip - so the pages are sequential.
Okay, and what order are these pages in on a TI-83+? I guess what I'm really trying to say is, what are all the pages on a TI-83+?
The ROM is 512KB, a "page" is 16KB, so there are 512/16 = 32 pages. See page 8 of the developer guide. Smile
Ah, found it.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Hello,
What is the file structure of a ROM file? 0x0000-0x3FFF is Page 00, I know, and I think that 0x4000-0x7FFF is Page 01, and so on, but can someone give me a list of the page order?
As Ben made adequately clear above, all the pages are there from 00 upwards, ending at $1F for the TI-83+, for instance.
Yeah, I got it. Thanks guys!
SirCmpwn wrote:
Yeah, I got it. Thanks guys!
Cheers, glad to hear it. As you see, there's no compression performed for the missing pages; for that we have compression programs like gzip and 7zip.
Yep. I now have the entire calculator's memory loaded into the emulator Smile
Download a hex editor, that will at least let you see it in hex, in fact that is the easiest way to edit anything if you know what is where.
Sonlen wrote:
Download a hex editor, that will at least let you see it in hex, in fact that is the easiest way to edit anything if you know what is where.
Indeed. My favorite hex editor for all kinds of things, from file format decoding to exploring .8xp files that SourceCoder is have difficulties with, is XVI32:

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm#download
I use the Visual Studio hex editor, which has a ROM open in it right now, in fact Smile
I'd second a vote for XVI32, though it sadly can't support files larger than 2GB. HxD does, and can also provides raw access to RAM and disk drives.
Hex Editors can edit anything and everything if you know how certain bits of information such as colors are put in. I was doing this to make a hack of Pokemon FireRed, that I decided to stop once I started getting frustrated...... >.<
Anyways, a hex editor is the way to go.
benryves wrote:
I'd second a vote for XVI32, though it sadly can't support files larger than 2GB. HxD does, and can also provides raw access to RAM and disk drives.
So far I've neither run into that issue nor can I see it being a possible problem for me anywhere in the near future, so I'm not going to worry about it until it becomes a problem.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours