I'm gonna build a church in constructor, because say what you will about religion, I admire the architecture. I could always download well-known stained glass windows as textures, or throw together something generic in photoshop. But I have a better idea. I'd like to throw in apostle-esque stained-glass images of FreeBuild developers, Cemetech admins(Kerm writing in a calculator like a gospel would be a good start), and other recognizable users. If anyone has the time and photoshop skills to do this, I'd love a set of 6-12 windows, including a circular one of Elfprince giving a peace sign or something for the front or back of the building.

This is an example of the kind of thing I'm looking for, if you need a reference:
I'd love to do this! I hope people will end up bumping this thread for a day or two, since my front-and-center priority right now is pushing out Doors CS 7.0 Release Candidate 1. I think this'll be a fun map. Smile
I'll take that as an order
I think I've come up with what will be the framework for the final design of my church. The North and South sides will have 3 or 4 windows, plus the front of the church which will face the east will have a large, circular 'Jesus window'. The west side will be the back of the church, with two large doors, and above which will be the bell tower. the back of the main room will open into another smaller room, like a lobby, with confessionals on either side. I just need to decide exactly how large I want the church to be, in meters... I'm thinking 20 wide, by 40-50 long, about 3-6 meters high plus steeple?
Sounds like a good idea. Where will you be putting baseplates?
The alter would be the most obvious place. But I could also put them on the floor, on pews, in the bell tower, even in the confessionals.
DShiznit wrote:
The alter would be the most obvious place. But I could also put them on the floor, on pews, in the bell tower, even in the confessionals.
Wow, this sounds like a pretty big map! Will it also have terrain and an outdoors, or just the indoor portion?
I thought you didn't need baseplates to build in TBG?
Lucas W wrote:
I thought you didn't need baseplates to build in TBG?
True, but they're still nice to have to demarcate good places to build in my opinion.
I think building without baseplates should be a toggle-able server option. I do plan to have an outdoors, in fact I plan to have an entire graveyard at some point with the names of people I and others have lost. Basically it would be Easter Eggs: The Map. Unfortunately, all the textures I had were lost a year or two ago on a portable harddrive that burned out it's controller card, so I'll need to redo everything from memory, which will be difficult, since there were some specific funny quotes I can't remember from people like snot.
DShiznit wrote:
I think building without baseplates should be a toggle-able server option. I do plan to have an outdoors, in fact I plan to have an entire graveyard at some point with the names of people I and others have lost. Basically it would be Easter Eggs: The Map. Unfortunately, all the textures I had were lost a year or two ago on a portable harddrive that burned out it's controller card, so I'll need to redo everything from memory, which will be difficult, since there were some specific funny quotes I can't remember from people like snot.
Ah, that makes sense; good luck replicating the work that was lost. I hate so much losing hard work due to hardware failure. Sad
I can buy a replacement card for $50. It is a 320GB Harddrive, would it be worth fixing?
Yea, I would say it's worth it. Its the data that makes it worth while.
CyberPrime wrote:
Yea, I would say it's worth it. Its the data that makes it worth while.
Definitely agreed. That's why backups are worth the time and cost of extra hardware, because the data that you'll hopefully fail to lose is worth much more.
So anyone make any textures? Or have I necro'd this topic for no reason?
DShiznit wrote:
So anyone make any textures? Or have I necro'd this topic for no reason?
Not yet. You should continue necro'ing the topic so we don't forget.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours