I don't know if you've already addressed this, but Emperor Wiggy discovered why the igob and admin menu saving in TBM lagged, and fixed it:

http://theorangeblock.org/forum/15-addons/19926-igob-saving-lag-remover-seriously-its-cool.html#20316
Oh cool, I will check that out, from curiosity, if not necessity. I hadn't really looked into it at all. I'm gonna guess it may not apply once the LDraw/writeNode functionality is implemented in engine, but it's good work nonetheless.
It had nothing to do with the model or script systems, but of the inefficient re-scan of the entire folder after writing the new file.
DShiznit wrote:
It had nothing to do with the model or script systems, but of the inefficient re-scan of the entire folder after writing the new file.

Ah, that's good to know. I'll have to do a nice big search for instances of that behavior, and make sure it is only used where necessary.

[edit]

I think that 6 of the 7 occurrences in our code were unnecessary (plus 2 others that were already commented out).
Which function, Elf? LoadiGobList ?
The only ones that were necessary, near as I could tell, were the ones when I reset the mod stack. When we delete, or write new, files in script, those changes appear to be made automatically to the valid-file list.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours