Hmm, using MT3 player to create DDR soundtracks would be an interesting idea, what do you think?
qazz42 wrote:
Hmm, using MT3 player to create DDR soundtracks would be an interesting idea, what do you think?
I think that it's a great idea; the trick would be properly interleaving and timing everything so that the sound stayed true while the graphics went moderately fast.
true, I assume that would involve interrupts..
qazz42 wrote:
true, I assume that would involve interrupts..
You probably would want to move a crude sound generator into an interrupt and a very optimized DDR game as the main program.
I personally would like to experiment with sound in Axe as well in the near future. It might also practice my Axe skills in terms of data management since I'm still not too great at it.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I personally would like to experiment with sound in Axe as well in the near future. It might also practice my Axe skills in terms of data management since I'm still not too great at it.
I hope that you get a chance to do so. Smile I wish you'd learn ASM one of these years though, DJ. There's a lot of creativity you've brought to BASIC programming that ASM coders could use.
Yeah I abandoned the idea of learning ASM years ago as all tutorials I read were not done for me. However, there are two factors that have made me think about giving ASM learning a 4th try eventually:

-By learning Axe Parser, I learned a bit about how some low level stuff works, like how things are stored into the calc, SafeRAM areas and other small things and Axe made it much easier for me to learn those. I often found myself landing on WikiTI out of curiosity after learning some Axe. In other words, maybe this language acted as some sort of bridge for me (it's a high-level language syntax, but it lets you do some low level stuff as well).

-Hot Dog ASM guide seems written in a way that might help me learn ASM easier. It seems more visual. That could help fill the gap that separates me from 28 days.

Those two things kinda gave me some hope about z80 assembly. Now I only need less real-life worries so my mind is clear enough to learn it. Razz

That said, I doubt I would do entire projects in assembly, though. I like RPGs, but Iambian, who is an experienced coder, still struggles at coding one. I was thinking more about doing routines, not full games except the small ones.
Well sure, everyone struggles at coding things in ASM. I struggle at coding things like Doors CS in ASM. The thing with ASM is that debugging is much less straightforward than BASIC, and as the complexity of your project grows, so too does the probability that something will break that seems unrelated to anything you've just changed, and you'll have to do time-consuming tracing to figure out what broke. It's the tradeoff for getting a fast, powerful way to code things, in my opinion.
hmm, actually, this idea remminds me of a Simon game that had sound... It was for the 82 I think

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours