KermMartian wrote:

...Oh. Wink

Hm, I uploaded to the Beta programs directory because, well, that's what it is... but in retrospect I probably should've picked the computer programs directory. In any case, it's out there.

KermMartian wrote:
Ah, ok, which languages do you know currently? I could explain my retokenizing algorithm in plain English if that would be more helpful.

Well, you could, but don't feel obligated... I only know VB.Net. I just like to make things as complicated for myself as possible, so I deserve to think about it a while. Very Happy But thank you for all your help and support.
OK, feel free to think about it more, and let me know when you're stuck. I rejected your submission to the archives so you can put it in the computer directory (and also please zip it up before submitting it).
I re-uploaded it now (and zipped it, should've done that the first time, d'oh).

By the way. So I didn't bother making the program look all fancy or whatever; basically you have four buttons. They all prompt you to open a file. "Byte", "Hex", and "Char" each do what they sound like they do; they populate the textbox with the byte, hex, or character values from the file you open. The "Parse" button is where the fun is at; that one will fill the textbox with the source code of the 8xp file you select, as well as display the program name and size in the form's title bar.

Please bear in mind that the lookup table I have been employing came secondhand, and may not be perfect; I believe there are typos in the string representations of the calculator functions. "Clear Entries", for example, was previously "DelLast" or something.

Feel free to contact me at my username at hotmail if there are questions and/or bugs, or send me a PM or whatever. Thanks guys!
Program accepted.

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/comp/ByteReader1.zip
*necrobump*

Welcome back to Cemetech, CodeMonkey! I should point ScoutDavid to this topic, since he's currently a bit mired in Python and .8xp files.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours