I typed a question into the SAX window a few minutes ago...and it clicked. The window replied "Cemetech: I found more than one user. Could you be more specific, ACagliano? "

Which got me thinking...with a bit of work, can't you automate a Q&A. A user types a question, the server searches through a Q&A database and outputs the best answer. It would give quick answers and spare experienced programmers the toil of taking time out from their projects to answer questions posted into SAX.

What do you think? Doable?
Hmm, that's actually a pretty cool idea. That would tie into one of the items on my to-do list, viz, make the Cemetech site search a lot better, both in terms of how it searches posts and topics and how it looks for other projects and such on the site.
ACagliano wrote:
Which got me thinking...with a bit of work, can't you automate a Q&A. A user types a question, the server searches through a Q&A database and outputs the best answer. It would give quick answers and spare experienced programmers the toil of taking time out from their projects to answer questions posted into SAX.

Already exists: google.com

Or if you want something specific to programming: stackoverflow.com
Haha. I thought you were going to link me to something productive and then I lol'd.
Those are both fairly productive sites. It isn't like one is a youtube rickroll and the other is a jfgi rickroll.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours