One of the things that I like about cemetech is that it *doesn't* have a real ratings system. It cuts down on the drama.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
One of the things that I like about cemetech is that it *doesn't* have a real ratings system. It cuts down on the drama.
Agreed, and drama is something we love to avoid. JoeYoung, how is that distinct from a post rating system, then? Wouldn't people's total number of post "likes" just turn into a popularity contest?
KermMartian wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Agreed, and drama is something we love to avoid. JoeYoung, how is that distinct from a post rating system, then? Wouldn't people's total number of post "likes" just turn into a popularity contest?

Perhaps he meant that there is no cumulative score for a user, but single posts may have ratings for others to show their appreciation for what they found genius in the posts they rated up? This is a bit better of an idea, but in another sense it would be awkward to this site's physical layout design anyways.
No really. Next to th Profile Pm And Mail buttons just have a like button. All the way to the right of that have a 2 inch bar of the ratings. It would utilize the dead space not being used on that row... Well just a thought.
I'm against having a "like" button. It's too much like Facebook (which I don't really like), and it would create unnecessary drama. We already have DecBot, so I don't really see how having a ratings system would be helpful.
Qwerty.55 wrote:

THIS++, times infinity. heh, if I remember correctly someone started some huge thing accusing me about downrating his post >.>
Aye, we do always have handy ol' SAX, where you can increment people. I would consider somehow integrating that into the forum if I didn't think it was more or less unnecessary.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours