SAX
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Well, that fixed the problem with opening new windows when clicking tifw related posts, now to test Cemetech posts..

And that fixed the issue totally, now Cemetech opens up in a new tab.

Error though:

Quote:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'innerHTML' of null

though now when I refresh, it's not there, and it -was- there after reuploading the fixed saxjax file. :<
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, that fixed the problem with opening new windows when clicking tifw related posts, now to test Cemetech posts..
Let's hope that it was a success! Smile

Edit: Huh, that's weird. Let me know if you manage to catch it again.
It totally was \o/

Now if we can fix the omgthislongstringwouldkilltifwcauseitscooltodothat issue, and the random lag messages, things would be great :p
tifreak8x wrote:
It totally was \o/

Now if we can fix the omgthislongstringwouldkilltifwcauseitscooltodothat issue, and the random lag messages, things would be great :p
If you can find in which CSS file the string "/* SAX Styles */" appears, add the following to the properties for div.ajax:

Code:
word-wrap: break-word;
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
It totally was \o/

If you can find in which CSS file the string "/* SAX Styles */" appears, add the following to the properties for div.ajax:

Code:
word-wrap: break-word;

Uhh, I haven't the first clue where to find that CSS file. Is that in prosilver, or subsilver?

Edit: If you could give me an idea of what the name of the .css file should be, I'd be grateful. I've been digging through different files through 3 different folders and came up empty :<
Unfortunately, I only have an idea on phpBB2. Sad Do you have a copy of your site locally on your computer? If so, you can Find in Files with Notepad++. If not, then I'll do some more digging for you.
Couple of bug reports:
  • Before SAX refreshes, HTML typed into both the Cemetech and TI|FW SAX boxes are actually inserted as HTML. (Possible security hole?)
  • Special chars in TI|FW SAX are encoded twice. This includes internal markup like <span class="saxred"></span>, which gets outputted that way.
  • When an invalid HTML fragment is typed into TI|FW SAX (anything starting with a < without a matching >, basically), it and everything after it gets stripped. When valid and closed HTML is typed in, the HTML is stripped.
That should be it for now Smile
A few of those sound like issues Cemetech encountered at one point.
One thing I thought of that would be nice. An external SAX widget. For example have a way to download it and link it to the cemetech sax. that way you could chat without actually being on the site. And that way you could move it where ever you needed and you would not need to switch between webpages all the time.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
One thing I thought of that would be nice. An external SAX widget. For example have a way to download it and link it to the cemetech sax. that way you could chat without actually being on the site. And that way you could move it where ever you needed and you would not need to switch between webpages all the time.

I don't really see the point of that, since you can already use a downloadable IRC client and join #cemetech on EFnet.
Oh. I did not know that. Plus with sax you would tell you when there are new posts.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Oh. I did not know that. Plus with sax you would tell you when there are new posts.
...which are reported on IRC as well Wink
Once again, saxjax announces new posts on IRC. Also, you could Cemetech's RSS feed to check for new posts. On a semi-related note, I made a Google Chrome extension a while back that tells you the 5 latest posts on Cemetech using its RSS feed.
Edit: Err, I think dot.tk is having some issues...
Edit2: Should be fixed now.
Er wait, does it report on IRC? This post didn't...

EDIT: Oh, netsplit. That explains it.

EDIT2: dotTK always has issues. Lately it's been developing a habit of suspending random legitimate domains for violating a ToS that was entirely complied with.
Ok. I did not know it displayed on IRC as well. Thanks I will try to download that.
I think you just happened to notice when SAX was offline from IRC because of yet another netsplit Smile
Must have
Bug report:
SAX wrote:
(C) *Deep Thought added a post in [The Vector Thread] http://cemete.ch/p165375#165375
(C) *Deep Thought added a post in [Flash drive not working] http://cemete.ch/p165376#165376
(C) *Deep Thought added a post in <a class="saxgray" href="http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=165378#165378">[IS>( and DS<(]</a>
I'm confused by this one. It worked fine for the first two but not the third. Maybe it's the < character not getting escaped correctly?

EDIT: This is weird:
SAX wrote:
(C) *Deep Thought added a post in [SAX] http://cemete.ch/p165379#165379
(C) *Aes_Sedia5 added a post in [SAX] http://cemete.ch/p165377#165377
My post came quite a while after his...
That is odd.

Edit:
Is there a free IRC. The only IRC I tried is mIRC From http://www.mirc.co.uk/
And that requires you to pay. I dont have time to look for more tonight I need to get some sleep. But I will check in the morning.
I've used IceChat in the past, and even if you don't want to install anything, there are even (true) online IRC clients like Mibbit.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
SAX
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours