So, I've decided to stick with the one loop, gives a person more than enough time to abort the evolution.

It also properly stores a '2' to the pokedex listing for the 'new' pokemon to show that you own said pokemon.

I still need to add the checking code specific to the stones.

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure it just exits back to the parent program that called it, I don't recall the game doing anything else special for it, as the pokedex entry only shows up when you catch a new pokemon, not when you evolve an existing party pokemon.

Now that I have that sorted, I think..
I don't want to be stupid but:
- Since what moment a Dragonite can evolve, there is no later stage of it.
- Pikachu evolves with a thunderstone, not a firestone.
- Sandshrew doesn't need a ...stone to evolve, just needs to be level 22.

But I think that it were just tests and that it was only to try the updates, right?
Yeah, I was just testing the general dynamicness of the evolution code that I wrote. Trust me, more testing and verification will be put in place for the final code.
How did I miss those evolution pics? Awesome stuff!
tifreak8x wrote:
Yeah, I was just testing the general dynamicness of the evolution code that I wrote. Trust me, more testing and verification will be put in place for the final code.

Allright, I'm sure the game will ROCK!
tifreak8x wrote:
Not without the assistance of ASM, since I'd have no way of storing the sprite to a pic var and recalling it as the spiraling reversed. At least, at this point, I'm not sure there's a way to do it.

you could totally do that in plain sight and have it fit in smoothly. the pokemon evolution sequence typically has some flashing, so you could just make that be it. have the spiral inwards, flash the the form a couple of times, briefly, storing it when you do, and then spiral outwards.
I'm glad that we suddenly have some new users here poking Daniel about Pokemon and urging him to finish it. Smile
lol Well it does help to some extent.

However, I'm quite caught up in a book that I have around 200 pages left to read. Once I get that read, I shall be able to focus once more on projects. Smile

Page 17 of 17
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours