Liazon wrote:
concerning the movie, I wish they had at least tried to pronounce the Chinese stuff right.

I'm pretty sure they did - the bonus features on the making of the TV show talks about the use of Mandarin Chinese and they did have a translator there teaching them the pronunciations.
unfortunately, having talked to a lot of people who actually speak Chinese, a lot of the words were "correct" in terms of phonetics, but Chinese is a very tonal language, and they completely butchered that aspect of it
This isn't really the right topic for this, but I must share this LEGO Cuusoo project that Elderofmagic showed me:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/12902#

Also, I just watched all of Firefly and Serenity with my girlfriend, and she loved it.
That's a beautiful rendition of the Serenity. Much better than any of my attempted Firefly-builds.
elfprince13 wrote:
That's a beautiful rendition of the Serenity. Much better than any of my attempted Firefly-builds.
I'm very sad to see LEGO's response that they won't be producing the kit because of the adult themes in the show/movie, but I can't say it's a huge surprise. I hope the designer will publish build instructions anyway.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours