Absolutely, and I wouldn't even be surprised if someone tried it before. However, the effect might be compromised by what I rememer as somewhat poor contrast between the different colors on the non-backlit screen.

There's my calcs: TI-83, TI-84 Plus, TI-85, TI-86, and a TI-89 Titanium.
Very nice collection! Smile I just got another TI-83+SE, and unfortunately it's one of the ones that I'm not sure how to fix. There's nothing wrong with the fuse, the power supply, or the LCD, so I'm stumped. I swear that the TI-83+SE has the highest failure rate of any model.

Calcs: 6 TI-83+'s, most broken due to that ribbon cable failure, 1 TI-84+SE. All of the 83+'s were free (my mom came home one day with a box of them). I've also got a 82 lying somewhere.

Cables (Left to right): 1 SilverLink, 1 link-to-link, 1 direct USB cable, and one USB-to-USB cable. (Not sure of the technical terms, heh)
Very nice! With that many TI-83+ calculators, you should be building and testing CALCnet applications over I/O.
And once you get as many as Kerm, you'll have enough computing power to crack those 2048-bit RSA keys Razz
techboy6601 wrote:
Calcs: 6 TI-83+'s, most broken due to that ribbon cable failure, 1 TI-84+SE. All of the 83+'s were free (my mom came home one day with a box of them). I've also got a 82 lying somewhere.
If only that happened to me Very Happy Though I probably wouldn't be able to fix any, so it wouldn't help much.

Here's my collection, in order of acquisition:

As for cables, I have a Silverlink, two calc-to-calc I/O cables, two calc-to-calc USB cables, and a dozen or so direct link USB cables. Funny to think that I lacked a single usable cable for the first four years I programmed calculators Razz
KermMartian wrote:
I swear that the TI-83+SE has the highest failure rate of any model.

If I was a swearing person, I'd swear you were right! Which you are right. Though it be my favorite, I will admit that there are a ton of busted ones out there.
I'm loving the Aperture Science faceplate Very Happy!
techboy6601 wrote:
I'm loving the Aperture Science faceplate Very Happy!
Thanks, though the logo on the front I just ripped from Google.

Even better is the image I used for the back, which is the Portal cover image with the downward arrow aligned perfectly with the battery cover Very Happy

Full picture URL: http://brandonw.net/calcstuff/calcCollection.jpg

There are several not pictured because others are borrowing them.
They all work -- this isn't including broken/bricked ones.
A wild brandonw appears!
Ship me 3? Please?
Just Joking.
Critor should also post his collection.
Brandon, I think I'm more impressed that you still have a calc in the packaging.
I'll be posting an image of my humble collection too, some time.
I have a 84+ and a Nspire CX.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Brandon, I think I'm more impressed that you still have a calc in the packaging.

It's just a lowly Nspire CX CAS, no need to open it. Smile
Why haven't you done anything with that poor Prizm in the upper-right corner? Smile I'm very impressed with such an extensive collection, especially when they all work! I see quite a few fun pieces of hardware that I wish that I had there, too, including that TI keyboard.
just two 84s, one of which is an SE. for some reason, my non-SE is much faster, like, noticably for even medium-sized equations.
Now that I have more calcs and access to a better camera, here's my updated collection:

I’ll post a picture sometime. My collection over time:
4 TI83+
1 TI83+ SE
1 TI84+
3 TI84+SE
2 TI-nSpires that I never actually purchased from my friend and since he decided he wanted 25 dollars each for them (he is rich) and I was out of money he stole them from my locked and I didn’t wanna make a scene so chilled out about it, will buy one later.
and my soon to be 84C, which I am super excited about getting.

Several of the calcs have either broken, been given away, sold, or traded.
I only have two TI-83+'s. One I found in my house when I moved in, the other had a dead backup battery when I found it at a yard sale. Fixed it, and it works like a charm.

BrandonW: I notice you had to stand on a stool to take a picture of your massive collection!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours