Whats a ROM image? How do I upload it?
A ROM image is a copy of the contents of the ROM chip from a calculator. You will need to transfer the contents of your calculator's ROM chip to your computer using a tool such as TiLP, and you can then use that in jsTIfied.

You may not distribute ROM images, but TI include three with their TI-83 Plus Flash Debugger and they usually work in third-party emulators too. You can find them in C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI-83 Plus Flash Debugger\Exe (TI83Plus.clc for a TI-83 Plus and TI83ps.clc for a TI-83 Plus Silver Edition).
To get a ROM from your physical calculator, we recommend rom8x. There are currently two versions of rom8x that may be useful to you:
- TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/373/37341.html
- TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9383
Surprised I'm trying, but I can't figure out how to get the *.rom image on my mac! I'm a high school teacher who will be out of town (away from my classroom) next week and I want to teach them "virtually." I need the graphing calc on my screen! Can you help me??
jhwhitaker wrote:
Surprised I'm trying, but I can't figure out how to get the *.rom image on my mac! I'm a high school teacher who will be out of town (away from my classroom) next week and I want to teach them "virtually." I need the graphing calc on my screen! Can you help me??
Absolutely! So are you using rom8x Modernized? At what point did you get stuck?
When I click the link and then try to open the zip file it does nothing. Is it stored somewhere that I don't know about?
jhwhitaker wrote:
When I click the link and then try to open the zip file it does nothing. Is it stored somewhere that I don't know about?
It occurs to me that the rom8x executable is a Windows executable, and would not work on Mac OS X. Do you have access to a Windows machine at all? Also, what kind of calculator do you have?
I have a TI 84 plus. Unfortunately, my windows machine is school issued and (this is government for you).... it doesn't run the school issued Blackboard Collaborate program that I need to teach online. Can I download the rom8x on the windows machine and email it to my mac? Will it work that way?
jhwhitaker wrote:
I have a TI 84 plus. Unfortunately, my windows machine is school issued and (this is government for you).... it doesn't run the school issued Blackboard Collaborate program that I need to teach online. Can I download the rom8x on the windows machine and email it to my mac? Will it work that way?
Yes, it will certainly work that way. The only other thing besides rom8x you'll need on your Windows machine is linking software like TI-Connect, which, since you're a high school teacher, I wouldn't be surprised if you already have installed.
Thanks...I'll try the things you've suggested and let you know.
KermMartian wrote:
It occurs to me that the rom8x executable is a Windows executable, and would not work on Mac OS X.

jhwhitaker wrote:
Can I download the rom8x on the windows machine and email it to my mac? Will it work that way?

KermMartian wrote:
Yes, it will certainly work that way.

Wat. No. A Windows executable is a Windows Executable. So e-mailing it from a Windows computer won't work. Now, Kerm didn't make that clear (or I misread the post history or jhwhitakers post) before telling you that you'll need TI-Connect on your Windows. Once you get the ROM on your Windows you can put it on a USB stick.
I understood jhwhitaker to be suggesting downloading rom8x on the Windows machine, generating the ROM image from the TI-84 Plus, then emailing the resulting ROM image to him or herself to use on the Apple machine.
KermMartian wrote:
I understood jhwhitaker to be suggesting downloading rom8x on the Windows machine, generating the ROM image from the TI-84 Plus, then emailing the resulting ROM image to him or herself to use on the Apple machine.

Yeah, I got that part and made it a bit clearer in my opinion. But the first sentence when read with the other posts I quoted made it sound like the .exe would magically turn into a .dmg when e-mailed. Laughing
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Yeah, I got that part and made it a bit clearer in my opinion. But the first sentence when read with the other posts I quoted made it sound like the .exe would magically turn into a .dmg when e-mailed. 0x5
Aye, when you picked that out it did indeed sound like the executable was going to undergo some magical transformation while it traveled through the email system. Smile Thanks for making sure the details of the process were clear, comic.
When I run the program that rom8x told me to run on TI-84+ it gives me a syntax error? Im confused Shock Help me
RicardoCraft23 wrote:
When I run the program that rom8x told me to run on TI-84+ it gives me a syntax error? Im confused Shock Help me
Please read the README more carefully. It specifies that you need to use the Asm( command to run the program, as it is an assembly program.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours