That's what I was thinking too. In a way it's a complement, that they think my site has enough traffic to make spamming worthwhile. Smile
I don't think traffic has anything to do with it. I got one on my site once
Then it can't have anything to do with traffic. I don't think I've seen more than 1 user online at a time since November.
Here?! There's usually at least 5 or 6 users every time I go online.
Sometimes there are 5-6 people, but for the most part, it is usually just me...
Depends when I'm online; often there are a few guests, and there's almost always a bot of some kind around.
KermMartian wrote:
Here?! There's usually at least 5 or 6 users every time I go online.

I meant at Rivereye studios. I don't know about 5/6, but that's close to what I see.
Idea We should schedule a time for all users to be online at once. Post party!
that could be problematic. Have you seen the IRC when about 5 people start chatting, it is really hard to keep track of it, especially when you are on multiple channels. btw, I thought you forgot about my site, you haven't posted there in a long time.
That would be cool, but I don't know if we could beat
Quote:
Most users ever online was 42 on 09:43 PM GMT Sunday, July 24
from when I got digged. Smile
rivereye wrote:
that could be problematic. Have you seen the IRC when about 5 people start chatting, it is really hard to keep track of it, especially when you are on multiple channels. btw, I thought you forgot about my site, you haven't posted there in a long time.

Good point. Except that posting on forums isn't in real time like IRC, so the only problems would be stuffed inboxes and frantic clicking.
I didn't forget about the site. Coincidentally, I just went there to post and see if I missed anything about 4 minutes ago.
Yeah, the problem would be arranging it. Hmmm...are we up to it?
Group email announcement, and/or news article. It'd be a great way to bring some of the less-frequent posters to come back and revitalize the site.
[meta-topic]This topic is screwy. Explanations?[/meta-topic]
something seems to be missing at the start of the topic....also Im usually on every 80 minutes or so, even if for only 5 minutes.
It's because I split this topic off of one of the topics that spam bot spammed.
Stupid spam bots.
It did seem weird. The Phantom Topic! Aaah!
lol, I probably should have edited the first post. I thought you guys would notice the timestamps. Smile
Or at least provided a link to the first topic.
Anyway, so what day and time is best for this? Weekday or weekend? morning? evening? night?
Weekday. Fridays are probably best. For time I'm thinking 10:00 Pm GMT, since that is when most of us are already on.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours