given I've been reading up on how redstone, commands, and adventure maps work, I was wondering about maybe opening up a team-based minimap on cemetech's servers (when ive made it and with Kerm's/whoever I need to talk to's good graces). this minimap would be available as a special event (i.e. not always accessible), and if the team survives through the challenge, they get a tasty reward!

Yea or nay? Ill post more soon.
bump.

you know, I really don't like bumping stuff.

anyways, without anyone expressing their opinions, I cannot guess what kind of minimap game you guys would enjoy. over the last few days, I've thought of some I could do with relative ease:

:Party-based PvE with really strong enemies (size 40 slime, zombies with 70 health, etc). rewards are that you keep the weapons you choose to fight with (also customized), plus some gold ingots.
:PvPnv puzzle. okay, I'm open to ideas about this, and it would likely be the most difficult to rig up without looking like crap. (PvPnv = non-violent PvP, traps okay but no direct assault)
:Full-on adventure map. this would easily take the longest to create, especially since I have to augment it for multiple players, but will offer greatest rewards.

come on, speak up, peoples! yea or nay?
Luxen wrote:
given I've been reading up on how redstone, commands, and adventure maps work, I was wondering about maybe opening up a team-based minimap on cemetech's servers
Actually, I've been looking at some work that Monkey0x9 and his friend Lennart have been doing, and I'm strongly considering talking to our other admin, comicIDIOT, about the possibility of including their CommandBlock-powered PvP minimap on the server for special events. You can check out more about their map in this topic:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11019

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours