Seeing as Cemetech currently has Contest #13 running with the "cats" and "space" themes, I thought it would be a chuckle to put together a Cat Edition of Alien Breed 5! Razz

A couple of points:

1. Firstly and most importantly, this is NOT an entry in the competition, as it's obviously just a revision of a previously released project.

2. It's modified from the AB5 v1.1.1 code base (the latest released version at this time). It will be released as a DoorsCS7 program.

3. You are a cat, and your mission is to infiltrate a series of dog kennels on a remote space station.

4. The 12 levels are simply the 12 levels from AB5 Episode I: Rebirth, although slightly modified so that the route through the levels is a little different, just to change it up from the standard AB5 levels.

5. Don't expect the mission texts/story to really make sense, this is just for giggles Smile

In space, no one can hear you meow.

Disclaimer: I am a lover of both cats & dogs equally Good Idea
Man, 2014 is so last year. Where the 2015 release? Madden already has the 2015 version of the game out. Step it up bro.
Sounds like an interesting journey into the unknown! Good luck! Smile

(If I were a cat, I would wonder why there were a series of dog kennels in space.) Smile
You should do this modularly so that the game can take graphics packs! That way a user could make their own graphics Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:
Man, 2014 is so last year. Where the 2015 release? Madden already has the 2015 version of the game out. Step it up bro.
Heh. Well the 2014 thing was almost an after thought, seeing as back in the day after Team 17 released their original Alien Breed, the next year (1992) they released a slightly updated version, entitled "Alien Breed Special Edition '92". I could call it 2015, but 2014 seemed more appropriate seeing as it relates to a contest held in 2014.

merthsoft wrote:
You should do this modularly so that the game can take graphics packs! That way a user could make their own graphics Smile
That's not a totally bad idea for future versions... Smile
This is nearly finished and I hope to upload later this week Smile

Take on the unstoppable dog horde from rampaging across space, ruled by their nefarious flea leaders. Needless to say, it's a scary time to be a cat. War is the only option.

No dogs were harmed in the modification of this game.

Meow.
This is now finished and available here.

Now I shall stop purr-crastinating and resume work on the real Alien Breed Good Idea
This is fantastic, though I have to admit it probably won't replace the real thing in my heart. Smiling Cat
I can't believe I missed this thread two weeks ago when you first posted it. First, I'm impressed that you decided to riff off the contest theme and actually follow through to create a modified version of Alien Breed. Second, I'm additionally impressed that you not only adjusted the mission briefing text and sprites and titlescreen, but even changed up the levels a bit so that players familiar with the less-feline versions can't simply follow the routes that they've already memorized. I can't wait to load this onto a calculator and try it myself.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours