So let's say that I have a string of text with "Then chaos ensued..." and I want to display it character by character using, for example, the following 84+CSE BASIC code:

Code:
"Then chaos ensued..."
For(Z,1,21
Output(1,Z,Sub(Ans,Z,1
For(X,0,200
End
End

Then how would I make sure that SourceCoder doesn't parse "Then " and "..." as the Then instruction nor the ... token? I know that to prevent pi from being parsed as the pi symbol you can use [p]i instead, but I cannot seem to find any equivalent code distinguishing specific tokens from individual lowercase letters in the list of tokens/instructions and I did a forum search for "Sourcecoder lowercase problem" without the quotes, to no avail.

Another thing I have tried to ensure that the three dots are displayed as separate characters was to edit the code on-calc, then upload the file to SourceCoder, but then when exporting to the calc after saving my project the ellipsis token was back.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Then how would I make sure that SourceCoder doesn't parse "Then " and "..." as the Then instruction nor the ... token? I know that to prevent pi from being parsed as the pi symbol you can use [p]i instead, but I cannot seem to find any equivalent code distinguishing specific tokens from individual lowercase letters in the list of tokens/instructions and I did a forum search for "Sourcecoder lowercase problem" without the quotes, to no avail.
It's easy! Just use the backslash character: Th\en, p\i, m\u, ..\., and so on. The backslash character forces a token boundary, so if you separate the h and the e in "Then", all four characters will be separate tokens, because "Th" and "en" aren't tokens either. Makes sense? Smile
Welp, why didn't I think about this? >.< Thanks for the suggestion. Smile I wonder if this could be a nice addition somewhere on the SC page in case people need help about it?

EDIT: Much better (although from entirely different program)

Before

After

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours