Making what's probably a completely futile attempt to rescue this thread from complete oblivion and off-topicness, Jonimus, is everything fully working again? Do you have any pointers for other people who run into the same problems?
KermMartian wrote:
Making what's probably a completely futile attempt to rescue this thread from complete oblivion and off-topicness, Jonimus, is everything fully working again? Do you have any pointers for other people who run into the same problems?

Personally, if I ever find myself faced with another, i'm formatting it and installing pure Vista or 7, not an HP tainted copy.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Personally, if I ever find myself faced with another, i'm formatting it and installing pure Vista or 7, not an HP tainted copy.
Definitely, I think that's the consensus here. It's much better to have to manually install one or two drivers that 7's excellent driver features can't find than to deal with all the bloatware and failware on the OEM install.
I got an HP Probook 4415s with XP preinstalled and disks with Windows 7 and XP included. I put 7 on and all I can say is that the computer is totally awesome. Works really well.
Funny! Thousands of other people use these and I don't hear any of them complaining about them. I have ALL my customers using HP where possible and we never seem to have any trouble with them. And mine is regularly used with 7 or 8 browser windows or tabs open, remote connections to several servers and with massive scripts being tested all at ponce. Maybe you are doing something wrong.
(Just trying to get this back on topic)
Honestly, what would make anyone want to have a computer that needs to be hooked up to the web to work. HP failed majorly when they jumped on the bandwagon with 'that cloud thing' by using ChromeOS. Google, as well, failed when they introduced ChromeOS. Ironically, this post was written on a Acer Chromebook.
What is it with this thread and necro-bumps? Please stop.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours