I like it, that it is possible to add tabs in SourceCoder, only for the overview. Atm, that results in an error. Is that possible? Like this:

Code:
For(A,1,dim(L2
   If 0<L2(A
      augment(L4,{L1(A->L4
   If 0>L2(A
   Then
      0:det(0
      seq(L2(X),X,L3(P)+1,L3(P+1)-1->|LPR
      For(B,1,theta,2
         B:det(0
         L3(P->S
         If dim(|LPR)=dim(expr("{"+Str9
         Then
            If prod(|LPR=expr("{"+Str9
            Then
               B+1:det(0
               augment(L4,expr("{"+Str9->L4
            End
         End
      End
      L3(P+1->A
      P+2->P
   End
End
which is much prettier to read from and coding.
Indentation is actually the current item I'm working on adding to SourceCoder, so your suggestion is timely. It involves a few components:
1) Inserting tabs when converting programs to text, based on finding Then/Else/End/For/While/Repeat.
2) Automatically inserting tabs when pressing [ENTER]
3) Automatically tracking the number of tabs to be inserted by using the previous line's indentation plus the number of Then/Else/End/For/While/Repeat tokens on that line.
4) Removing tabs when converting text to programs.

I thought you meant tabs like Notepad++ or Firefox, which I suddenly realize might be cleaner than that drop-down list of files in a SourceCoder 3 project. Would people prefer tabs?
When using spaces to organize code in axe, it already adds spaces when pressing enter, so would it be too hard to use the same implementation, except for tabs?
Also, when you press enter where there are already 4 spaces in the line, it automatically converts it to a single tab, which just throws out an error. Can it be changed so that it will keep adding spaces, not tabs?
KermMartian wrote:
I thought you meant tabs like Notepad++ or Firefox, which I suddenly realize might be cleaner than that drop-down list of files in a SourceCoder 3 project. Would people prefer tabs?

Would rather have the drop down list because I got some projects with 10+ programs in it, unless all the tabs can fit on the screen and be readable. Would also be nice if the user could switch the order of programs inside projects.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours