okay so I was going through a program with the ALPHA thing just scrolling through it looking for a specific part and all of a sudden my CSE's screen just went all white and there were flashes of black bars all over the screen in a seemingly random pattern. This is the first time I've had this problem (I reset the calc and its all fine now) just wanted to know if this is something known to happen and if its a bad sign...
Was it alternating white-and-black vertical stripes, or was it a corrupted version of the screen's original contents? Which TI-OS version? Did you have Doors CSE's program editor enhancements installed? Did you try turning it off and then on again before you reset?
KermMartian wrote:
Was it alternating white-and-black vertical stripes, or was it a corrupted version of the screen's original contents? Which TI-OS version? Did you have Doors CSE's program editor enhancements installed? Did you try turning it off and then on again before you reset?

it was just white with black stripes of pixels spanning through the whole screen, nothing like what should have been on the screen, ti-os version 4.0, yes for the DCSE, and yes I tried, it did nothing.
edit: oh my, some programs which had been deleted in the previous ram clear have come back from the dead... oh and they weren't in the proper files in DCSE tho, maybe this helps?
Sounds like something was displayed off the screen using an ASM command. That happened in Portal occasionally.
Just a note, unicorn's not entirely correct here. According to Mateo, it happens when something is drawn to the screen outside its viewing boundaries; however, it happens occasionally in the program editor and on the homescreen, which I find odd.

To fix it: spam random combinations of 2ND-MODE (quit) and 2ND-ON. It'll turn off eventually and it'll be fine when you turn it on.

I've found multiple ways to replicate this, the easiest being here (video a few posts down), although when I just tried that it did something completely different, so I don't know if it'll work. Another way I've found is to download Kerm's Flappy Bird game and delete the real(0,1,1 line at the beginning. When you play the game, sometimes if you let the bird get near the bottom of the screen it'll do the thing.
M. I. Wright wrote:
Just a note, unicorn's not entirely correct here. According to Mateo, it happens when something is drawn to the screen outside its viewing boundaries; however, it happens occasionally in the program editor and on the homescreen, which I find odd.

To fix it: spam random combinations of 2ND-MODE (quit) and 2ND-ON. It'll turn off eventually and it'll be fine when you turn it on.

I've found multiple ways to replicate this, the easiest being here (video a few posts down), although when I just tried that it did something completely different, so I don't know if it'll work. Another way I've found is to download Kerm's Flappy Bird game and delete the real(0,1,1 line at the beginning. When you play the game, sometimes if you let the bird get near the bottom of the screen it'll do the thing.

OMG YES, it was EXACTLY like in the video from tifreak8x

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours