Aw sweet, this looks pretty fancy indeed Smile Love the colorfulness. (That may be what is breaking the gif rendering too, it tries really hard to make the output as small as possible) Anywho; great work so far and I can't wait to see some neat progress Smile Are you taking a break from Alien Breed?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Aw sweet, this looks pretty fancy indeed Smile Love the colorfulness. (That may be what is breaking the gif rendering too, it tries really hard to make the output as small as possible) Anywho; great work so far and I can't wait to see some neat progress Smile Are you taking a break from Alien Breed?
Thanks! The sprites are essentially taken directly from the Amiga original, with the exception of me updating the colours of the shoulder/chest sash for each character to match the TV series. It will make the different characters easier to distinguish between Smile

This is my first implementation of vram flipping too, thanks to your notes! I was surprised how much delay the vram flip causes, but I guess that's just due to having to wait for the interrupt to avoid glitches?

Alien Breed is in progress, I'm just juggling that and this. I expect Alien Breed will be released before this, although plans can always change haha!
JamesV wrote:
This is my first implementation of vram flipping too, thanks to your notes! I was surprised how much delay the vram flip causes, but I guess that's just due to having to wait for the interrupt to avoid glitches?

Yeah, if you don't wait for the interrupt to set, it likes to cause a lot of problems, such as shifted colors and a whole lot of other madness. It's still quite a bit faster than ldir though.

Anyhow, nice! Sounds like a good plan indeed Smile
This looks really pretty in color, great work!
Does it work on the CSE?
Pieman7373 wrote:
Does it work on the CSE?

Quite simply, no. The CSE doesn't have the graphical capabilities to do this smoothly; and the memory requirements to store all the information. It could possibly be back ported, but would be a ton of work.
Yeah it's unlikely that I'll be making a CSE version of this - I'll never say never, but it's not something I'm working on at the moment, sorry!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours