That's weird indeed. You mean to say that right after the code is done flashing the led should be completely off? And another thing: My photon still shows no response to the start of the bridgecnfg program anymore and this prevents the program from getting past "fetching configuration." Has all of this firmware and calc programs been tested with the photon or just the spark core? Because there may be subtle differences that prevent this from working I think. Thoughts? You definitely know more than I do on this subject. I'm just tossing ideas out now.
I have only tested it on the Spark Core, to be honest, and although I have two Photons at home that I can use to test with this project, I won't be near those Photons for another week or so. I can absolutely test then and see what's happening. It seems likely that the firmware either isn't actually loading to the Photon, or isn't booting properly. To review, what changed between when you were able to connect to IRC, and when you couldn't even load the configuration?
That would be stupendous if you would test the photon when you can!

I'm not sure what changed between then and now. It used to be when I flashed the firmware it would breathe green like yours in the demo video and then when I started the calc program it would flash a few colors and then the config program would switch to the window with all the text fields but when I filled those fields the photon didn't like it and wouldn't keep the new data. When I clicked "SET" in the program it would go back to "fetching configuration" and then return all empty text fields. Now, however it breathes blue and doesn't listen to anything the calc has to say. And since while it's breathing blue it hasn't connected to the internet yet I have to put it in safe mode in order to re-flash it.
*bumpity bump*

Have you tested the firmware with the photons? I recently got a raspberry pi 2 board with some other accessories including a Cana kit wifi usb thing. So in case the photon poops out is there a way that the rpi could function as a wireless bridge as well? Just an idea. I do hope the photon works however. Thanks for testing this again! Smile
I'm afraid I haven't gotten around to testing yet, but if you please remind me this week, I'll try to get to it once Graph3DC is done. Yes, you can also use the gCnClient on the Raspberry Pi.
Wifi globalcalcnet?????!!!!! Kerm, what have you done to the term ''graphing calculator''?????? It seems like these calcs can do anything. I personally think that one day you will port a full-blown linux build into a DCE program for the ti84+ce and browse the internet via the gcn on that, run 3d high res games,etc...(with wifi, of course).
CalcMax wrote:
Wifi globalcalcnet?????!!!!! Kerm, what have you done to the term ''graphing calculator''?????? It seems like these calcs can do anything. I personally think that one day you will port a full-blown linux build into a DCE program for the ti84+ce and browse the internet via the gcn on that, run 3d high res games,etc...(with wifi, of course).

Not a CE, but this has been done Razz I don't think it's possible to run linux on a CE at all, someone would have to confirm that for me though.
Also, no, Kerm will definitely not port linux to a graphing calculator, and there will definitely be no high res 3D games on the CE. The best you could hope for is (in a few years maybe?) to have some networking possibilities like Gossamer and Cn Chat available for the color 84s.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours