This thread is for your findings today.

/r/nintendo: Partnership with Mercedes-Benz (plus all flairs are the Mario Maker Mercedes costume)

Gmail: Send and Drop Mic feature which endsa conversation with a gif from the Minions movie

Mariowiki: Nintendo Cinematic Universe. 'nuff said.

SmashWiki: All sorts of news from April 1, 20XX about the end of SSBM

Lenovo: Announces the PawPad Yoga
To continue the list:
Snoopa vision YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/snoopavision?v=GwNTI4I3VQA
Why you should buy a Mac Laughing Laughing : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGOeR1MmVQ8
I hope Apple fans don't hate me now.
Came across this one randomly somehow today. http://tinyurl.com/hv8mu6b
/r/smashbros has a nice css trick where the screen spins around
OpenTable, a restaurant reservation management company, announced a rather amusing Lickable Menus feature. Also, I "released" the Doors CS 7 source code.
KermMartian wrote:
OpenTable, a restaurant reservation management company, announced a rather amusing Lickable Menus feature.

With the average phone having more germs than the average public toilet, and the minority that'll actually try this, I'll have to say "ewwwww"
This?

Also, there was a fake video of Quebec City's mayor announcing a project to bring a MLB team to Quebec City and build a stadium at the expense of Montreal, but I can't find it anymore and it's in French, anyway.

Ticalc.org didn't do any prank, it seems, this year, which surprised me. That's unless the new file update system is fake.

As for Planète-Casio, they posted what seemed to be a very bad announcement at first about the future of their site, but as you read through the long text it goes nowhere, then it ends with "bah, I forgot why I was writing all this text. Oh well" or something like that. Razz
DJ_O wrote:
This?

I'm impressed; I didn't know if anyone would notice that one. Smile

Quote:
Ticalc.org didn't do any prank, it seems, this year, which surprised me. That's unless the new file update system is fake.
New file update system? Do you have a link to information about this?
In 6th Grade orchestra, the teacher, after a student dropped their instrument, grabbed the violin from the person sitting next to her and began smashing it.
(the the smashed violin actually belonged to the teacher, the student who was holding the violin was in on the prank)

Me and some of my classmates replace some of the computers in the classrooms with typewriters (don't worry, administration knew about the prank, and hid the computers in the Server room), and one of the teachers, was not phased at all by the sudden appearance of a typewriter on his desk.
KermMartian wrote:
DJ_O wrote:
This?

I'm impressed; I didn't know if anyone would notice that one. Smile

Quote:
New file update system? Do you have a link to information about this?
Strangely enough, I first noticed the TI logo on mobile. Razz

As for ticalc.org, just go to "File Upload Form" or "Manage Author Information" and you'll notice something different. In the former, there's a notice saying that ticalc.org is testing a new file update system and in the latter, there is now an "Update" link besides each file.
DJ_O wrote:
As for ticalc.org, just go to "File Upload Form" or "Manage Author Information" and you'll notice something different. In the former, there's a notice saying that ticalc.org is testing a new file update system and in the latter, there is now an "Update" link besides each file.

I remember testing that as an actual feature last year or so.
CVSoft wrote:
DJ_O wrote:

I remember testing that as an actual feature last year or so.
It wasn't there when I uploaded First Fantasy CE in August 2015, though.

Talking about First Fantasy, to avoid confusion, the First Fantasy II screenshots on CW front page are real (I need to make a topic here when battles have been fully implemented). The Wolfeinstein 3D screenshot, however, was not.
As usual, Blizzard had some hilarious ones, but this was my favorite: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/20082009/starcraft-ii-balance-manager-2016-4-1-2016
Hackaday had a series of April 1st posts, but my favorite was http://hackaday.com/2016/04/01/apple-introduces-their-answer-to-the-raspberry-pi/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours