So... Now that I'm at Job Corps, something I've noticed sit hat I'm unable to play minecraft. I try to launch MC, then it says "Unable to download from website. Please try again later." . Is there a way to download all of the files so I can play minecraft?
Download it at home, and then play at work. Just make sure the Minecraft folder is on the flash drive Very Happy
To elaborate, the file you download from Mojang is not Minecraft. It's the Minecraft launcher. When connected to the internet start up the launcher and it'll download Minecraft then you can play it offline.
Eightx84 wrote:
Download it at home, and then play at work. Just make sure the Minecraft folder is on the flash drive Very Happy

That isn't really possible if his home is Job Corps.
DJ_O wrote:
Eightx84 wrote:

That isn't really possible if his home is Job Corps.

Just looked up what it was, thanks for the clarification.

Maybe go to a public library?
You could download and play minecraft somewhere else, then copy/paste the minecraft directory onto a flash drive, then paste it into the recieving computer after installing the launcher.
Soo..... I got it onto a flashdrive. Bad news: it has to connect to the minecraft website so I can login. That website is..... Guess what? BLOCKED!!!! Mad So I can't login. Dammit.
caleb1997 wrote:
Soo..... I got it onto a flashdrive. Bad news: it has to connect to the minecraft website so I can login. That website is..... Guess what? BLOCKED!!!! Mad So I can't login. Dammit.

I assume you only downloaded the launcher? If so, you have to actually login and play the game (This could just be creating a world and then closing the game) where it isn't blocked, like at a library or a nearby restaurant.
That's what it sounds like but it doesn't sound like he's having the same error as he originally did. To login the game needs to connect to Minecraft servers, otherwise the "Play" button turns into "Play Offline." He should be able to play Minecraft but won't be able to connect to any servers.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours