Hello, I want to show you the programming language, and IDE which I learned programming with it when I was 10 years old. Of course, it is totally free.

It is a modern basic based on .net Framework, similar to object-oriented language but not at all.
Its syntax is very simple, perfect for beginners or to have a good time programming.
It has a compiler, which generates exe files, but you have to put smallbasiclibrary.dll in the same folder, and have .net framenwork installed.

It supports graphics and text window and you can do whatever you can imagine, very easily with it, including games.

It runs in Windows XP (v1.0) or Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (v1.2) and you can run it with very modest hardware.

I run it on a VIA C7M 1GHz, 512MB RAM and 800x480 Windows XP Spanish ultra ultra low cost-netbook. (I have Linux in my main PC)

It is very similar to Visual Basic .net, so when I have 14, I learnt it very easily, and it exists an utility for converting small basic programs to visual basic .net

Here, a Bohr atom dynamic animation

I really think this is a good language for beginners, without any complication.

Thanks for reading
Funny, Small Basic also got me into coding. Before it was made, though, I just used VB.NET.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours