There is a topic of this, however the most recent post was in 2007. If this should be merged; please do.

I personally enjoy jokes that pertain to mathematics. I have wrote some down here and hope others do the same. As a testimony to how much I enjoy them these were all written by memory.

Q: Why do mathematicians not require any sunlight to get tan?
A: They can get tan by dividing sine by cosine.

Q: Why was the mathematics textbook sad?
A: It had many problems.

Q: Little Johny has 30 chocolate bars; he eats 28 of them. What is left with?
A: Diabetes

Q: What does one who is very comfortable with logarithms say?
A: They are as easy as falling off a natural log.
An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first one orders a beer. The second one also orders a beer. The bartender informs him that he's ruining the joke.

...for reference, the actual joke:
An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first one orders a beer, the second one orders half a beer, the third gets one fourth of a beer, and so on. The bartender stops them, pours two beers and says, "You guys ought to know your limits."
Very nice. It goes against the usual infinite series joke.

Here is another one:

Three people are hunting deer. They all bring their own guns to hunt with. The first to shoot is a physicists. Before shooting he made to do many calculations in order to try and hit his target. However he forgot to take into account wind drag and as such missed slightly to the left. Next up to shoot is an engineer. He has developed a gun that can automatically aim. It would have worked except he bumped the tripod it was on. As such he missed being slightly to the right. The third person to come along was a statistician. He exclaimed "We got it!".
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
Three people are hunting deer. They all bring their own guns to hunt with. The first to shoot is a physicists. Before shooting he made to do many calculations in order to try and hit his target. However he forgot to take into account wind drag and as such missed slightly to the left. Next up to shoot is an engineer. He has developed a gun that can automatically aim. It would have worked except he bumped the tripod it was on. As such he missed being slightly to the right. The third person to come along was a statistician. He exclaimed "We got it!".

I literally just read that on Imgur. It was phrased a bit differently though.

I also came here to tell this joke. So, you suck Rolling Eyes Wink Evil or Very Mad
There's the good ol' binary joke? Im sure it's been mentioned many times though.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."
Here's one:
The mother of already three is pregnant with her fourth child.
One evening, the eldest daughter says to her dad: "Do you know, daddy, what I've found out?"
"No."
"The new baby will be Chinese!"
"What?!"
"Yes. I've read in the paper that statistics shows that every fourth child born nowadays is Chinese..."
comicIDIOT, The wording is different because I also wrote that from memory. Also I laughed quite a bit upon finding out how much I suck

tr1p1ea, that joke reminds me of a nice variant of that joke:
There are 10 types of people, those who do not understand binary, those who think they have just encountered the same old binary joke and those that understand ternary.

MrDew25, I have not heard that one before. It was very funny. It does remind me of this joke:
A student who just began an introductory statics course was attempting to board an airplane when he was stopped for carrying a bomb. He told them that there is a 10^-4 probability that there would be one bomb on an airplane; but there is a 10^-7 probability that there would be two bombs on the airplane.
Ahh yes, the ternary variation Smile.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who know hexadecimal, and F the rest.

EDIT: Couldn't cite the source before because I was at school, and the source was YouTube.
Credits, and more:
That one is very good ReGuess; I like it due to it countering the typical binary jokes spread around the internet. Evey I have seen the ternary joke in action.

Q: What does one who exhibits a poor aptitude for mathematics say?
A: The equation 2n+2n is 4n to me.
Love the statistician one: I hadn't heard that before. Here are the old jokes I can think of at the moment:

e^x was at a party, but just sat by the wall on his own most of the evening. The hostess went up to him and said "Come on, e^x, why don't you integrate?". "I tried that," he lamented, "but it didn't make any difference".

Q: What do you get if you cross a mosquito with a mountaineer?
A: You don't. You can't cross a vector with a scalar.

A physicist, a mathematician and an engineer were on a train travelling through Wales when through the window they observed a black sheep.
"Ah!", said the engineer, "We see that sheep are black."
"You generalise too much" replied the physicist. "We can only tell that Welsh sheep are black."
The mathematician looked rather bemused by the logic of his companions, stared vaguely into the distance, and intoned "In Wales, there exists at least one field, in which there exists at least one sheep, of which at least one side is black."
This topic is old,but may we bring it to life again?

Quote:
A famous mathematician and his friend were travelling by train. As they looked through the window they saw a big herd of sheep.
After thinking a little bit, the mathematician said: "Wow, this herd is huge! There are 1674 sheep!"
His friend was very impressed and asked, how he knew the exact number so fast.
The matematician answered: "Ah, that's simple. You just need to count the number of legs and divide it by four."

The next one is harder to understand, but I googled the answer.

And here is an answer I picked of the many google results... Have fun Wink!
Math is a boring language used for fun science!! i wouldnt study math if it wasnt for the fact that i am gonna be an EE when i grow up!!
CalcMax wrote:
Math is a boring language used for fun science!!

Maybe the funniest joke on the thread so far!
OldMathTeacher wrote:
CalcMax wrote:
Math is a boring language used for fun science!!

Maybe the funniest joke on the thread so far!

I'm glad you're back! Smile
Counting in Binary is as easy as 1, 10, 11!
How many sides does a circle have?

Two. Inside and Outside.
RandomGuest wrote:
How many sides does a circle have?.........

This reminds me why we need spoilers on this site.
"The test format isn't radically different from that of the review, right?"

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours