I Have Succeeded I will link the .APK below.
PLEASE NOTE IT IS VERY BASIC AS OF NOW FOR EXAMPLE:
NOT ALL CHARACTERS ARE SUPPORTED ON ANDROID SO THE → TOKEN IS ACTUALLY -> AND SO ON.
I WILL INCLUDE A TEXT EDITOR.

ALSO UNTIL I FIX IT YOUR 8XP MUST BE LOCATED AT THE ROOT OF YOUR INTERNAL SD SO /SDCARD/XXX.8XP OR /STORAGE/EMULATED/0/XXX.8XP.

THE RESULTING TXT FILE IS TTTTT.TXT ON THE SDCARD ROOT

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6o5lpciye35fez/app-debug.apk?dl=0

ANY FEEDBACK WELCOME.
If I may be sarcastic for a moment, I just read "My only problem is, I have no idea how to do this entire thing." Wink It sounds like you need to break the problem down into a bunch of different pieces, if something existing like SourceCoder isn't going to cut it for you. First, you'll need to open the file and read the bytestream. Then, you'll need to parse the .8xp format to understand the header and body. Finally, you'll need to turn the body bytes into text tokens. The File Format and Link Protocol Guide may help a lot with this.

It occurs to me that you still need internet to get the .8xp files in the first place, so why not just run them through SourceCoder when you download them, and send the text files to your Android device?
I understand the process but my problem right now is finding a proper alternative to python dict or Dictionary i java, I think it is hashmap, but I would only need to do tis if i were to write it in complete java. My second and more likely option is to use SL4A, for python which i do have experience with both. Again any help would be appreciated.
Well i have succeeded, although it is very primitive and not easily redistributable. I ended up using pure python and kivy along with QPython. I will however try to make it better and if possible i will make it into a downloadable app.
Screenshots would be great.
This is pretty awesome! Is there any chance of making this a full blown editor? You should also upload the .apk somewhere. (it is a .apk, right?)
Unicorn wrote:
This is pretty awesome! Is there any chance of making this a full blown editor? You should also upload the .apk somewhere. (it is a .apk, right?)

As of right now it is not an APK, although as I am typing this I am working on turning it into one, but the APK version may not look like this because i am unsure if i can pack Kivy into an APK properly. I will definitely upload it when I am done.
alright well looks like I am going to rewrite completely in java my only issue now is matching the data taken from the file to characters or tokens. Any ideas?
LocoPocoBirdy wrote:
alright well looks like I am going to rewrite completely in java my only issue now is matching the data taken from the file to characters or tokens. Any ideas?
Didn't you already have that for your Python implementation? I'm not clear exactly what you need.
Looks like he wants to export it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours