CHill wrote:
The only thing I have to say here is that if any of this becomes a thing post ratings should be able to be turned off or on when you create a topic. Or at least some form of that.

Great idea! May I put this in the post?
CHill wrote:
The only thing I have to say here is that if any of this becomes a thing post ratings should be able to be turned off or on when you create a topic. Or at least some form of that.

Another one of my proposals was to only offer votes in certain sub-forums or for topics admins manually enable them on. Such as, Help topics. That way the most helpful answer floats to the top, in case it's buried on the 3rd page and conversation continues for another 2.

Of course, any changes we do make would require lots of work at this point; whether we amend phpBB, create our own or, find a new forum platform. There's a lot to consider since one requirement for a new platform is that we must be able to import or use our existing phpBB database. Secondly, all of us admins are volunteers and unfortunately a minority of us actually possess the knowledge and experience to undertake a project of this magnitude.

Take me. I know nothing about backend and very little about front end development. I can take credit for a few changes to the forum, sub-topics being displayed on the Forum Index for one and the user profile pages as another.

As I said, we're volunteers. Unless things become a critical issue, like a security flaw or breach, we don't have the time to take from our jobs and lives. However nice change would be, Cemetech functions perfectly as it is.
Because Alex isn't fun, he's removed the quote pyramid. #AdminAbuse.
This has the potential to be a constructive topic so let's do our best to stay on topic.
I still have no idea why you were promoted.
allynfolksjr wrote:

I do... Alex is awesome Razz
allynfolksjr wrote:
He stole your spot

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours