Hello~all Smile
Thanks for reading my post at first ! Could you give me some help? Thanks in advance !

Recently I am doing an electronic project using PIC18F25K80. I met a doubt when I programed the hardware. The datasheet of PIC18F25K80 shows “CONFIG4L bit 7 DEBUG”: enable debugger background; Bout why cann’t I find the correspond set in the software--Configuration Bits?
Are there some wrong in the datasheet?

Best regards~
You don't say what tools you're using, so it's impossible to be certain what you're missing.

Assuming you're using XC8 (the compiler I would choose), referring to the pic18_chipinfo.html file included with the compiler will indicate which magic incantation you need to use with #pragma config. Section 5.3.5 of the XC8 manual describes this.

Since you've previously had trouble because you were using an obsolete compiler, I might assume you're still using C18 and an old version of MPLAB. This might explain how you can't find an option for the bit, in that you might be using a version of MPLAB that doesn't know about the 25K80, so when you go looking for the bit in a configuration GUI it's not present.

Speculating and referring to DS51537A ("PIC18 Configuration Settings Addendum", which doesn't include the 25K80 either), #pragma config DEBUG = ON might do the job.

I still think you should upgrade to newer (not obsolete) software (which is to say, MPLAB X and XC8), because it would prevent these kinds of problems.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours