I may not be correct.
On my 84+ revision H, one second is For(A,1,1000
I believe on an 83+, one second is For(A,1,100
Test this out. My TI83 has the black screen issue and I can't test. Graphing Calculator
Below code is for a TI84+.

Code:
For(A,1,1000
Disp
End

For a TI83+, use this.

Code:

For(A,1,100
Disp
End
Keep in mind, the timing might be slightly different if you actually add the closing parentheses to the For loops. If I recall correctly, false conditionals are affected by that.

Also, welcome!
Ah, got it. I'd ditch closing parentheses to save a few bytes over timing. Makes things easier; you can have more RAM for other things.
You may want to use rand to make a timing delay, that command takes a bit of time and is only 1 byte, and it is often used to do just that, so I guess by very unofficial convention it would be preferred... so like

Code:
rand(50)

And then you adjust the number to get the desired delay. If you didn't know, doing rand(n) will create a list of n random numbers between 0 and 1
Also, it's important to note that on the ti-84PCE and ti-83 Premium CE, there is the "Wait" command, which allows you to insert a delay.

Code:
Wait 1

The above code waits 1 second and moves on.
There is also the Pause command which can support 2 arguments, the first being something you want displayed, and the second being a delay. If you set the first argument to an empty list, it will display nothing and simply wait for the delay.

Code:
Pause "",1

However, I believe this was added fairly recently and therefore, might not work if you are running on an older OS.
I quickly tried the rand( trick. It works beautifully. I also tried the Pause "",1 wait code. It threw syntax errors. Good to have a smaller wait loop. Thanks.
s04 wrote:
I also tried the Pause "",1 wait code.
This is because Pause can take output arguments, but only one. Pause is a variant of Disp that outputs the argument and then waits for [ENTER]. However, Pause can only take one argument to output, whereas Disp can take practically infinite arguments. I think that replacing
Code:
Pause "",1
with
Code:
Pause ""
will achieve the desired effect.
CalcMeister wrote:
s04 wrote:
This is because Pause can take output arguments, but only one. Pause is a variant of Disp that outputs the argument and then waits for [ENTER]. However, Pause can only take one argument to output, whereas Disp can take practically infinite arguments. I think that replacing
Code:
Pause "",1
with
Code:
Pause ""

mr womp womp wrote:

However, I believe this was added fairly recently and therefore, might not work if you are running on an older OS.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:
s04 wrote:
Code:
Pause "",1
with
Code:
Pause ""

mr womp womp wrote:

Heh, OS 5.1.5 came out in January 2016, that's getting old Very Happy
MateoConLechuga wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:
s04 wrote:
Code:
Pause "",1
with
Code:
Pause ""

mr womp womp wrote:

I was educating, not heckling Very Happy
Adriweb wrote:
Heh, OS 5.1.5 came out in January 2016, that's getting old Very Happy

On the graphing calculator timescale, that's brand new Razz they are still selling the ti-83 plus that was released in 1999 Evil or Very Mad
CalcMeister wrote:
I was educating, not heckling Very Happy

In the past, the Pause command could only take one argument, however, in the past year or two, the newer OS supports 2 arguments. The first one for displaying stuff and the 2nd one for a delay.
Then again, I use a monochrome TI84. 2.55MP doesn't want to accept two Pause inputs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours