I've been working towards getting an unboxing video to show off my new Casio calc that I purchased last week from Underwood Distributing. I've started playing around with the calc itself, and it seems that there are little in the way of changes from the older Prizm calculator this one replaces in terms of the OS. The calc's body is more reminiscent of the fx-9860G with a very sharp screen and nice shiny buttons. Smile

So far, I've tried out my Age of Darkness game on there, and boy does that thing run fast, at least 3 times faster than on the Prizm itself. Now I'm wondering if our current Prizm C SDK will work with this new calculator. I'm going to try to get a few more clips put together for this calc unveiling and a bit of usage to go along with it. Smile
Congratulations on getting the new calculator, tifreak8x! I'm excited to get my hands on one as well. If you can run Age of Darkness on the two calculators side-by-side, I've love to see what that difference looks like in one of your videos. I look forward to seeing what you create, and I hope either separately or together we'll be able to write some Cemetech news about the new fx-CG50!
So I finally got around to testing C/Assembly games on this new calc from the Prizm, with a very dim hope that it might work. Tetrizm displays CEM in the middle of the screen in a light blue color, and that's all it does. I might look at some other programs to see if anything else works, but I'd have to say the outlook on that would be extremely unlikely for anything outside of BASIC programs to function at all.
This is probably not the case. The people at TI-Planet have been working through it with the European model:

https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=19815

The biggest issue is the VRAM location being hardcoded in a lot of older games rather than using the GetVRAMAddress syscall. I worked with them on getting Prizoop working right out of the box.
Is the only changed address VRAM? I'm quite keen to make at least Graph3DP, if not Tetrizm and my other programs as well, work on the new calculator. Thanks in advance!
AFAIK, the only other thing I had to change to make it compatible was to avoid any overclocking functionality.

To detect CG-50 in code:

Code:
bool isCG50() {
return (size_t) GetVRAMAddress() == 0xAC000000;
}
tswilliamson wrote:
AFAIK, the only other thing I had to change to make it compatible was to avoid any overclocking functionality.

To detect CG-50 in code:

Code:
bool isCG50() {
return (size_t) GetVRAMAddress() == 0xAC000000;
}
Perfect, thanks for that! I'll have updated versions of my Add-Ins in the archives soon:

hi are games yet available for this calculator or do i have to wait until they are developed?
the above posted link has updated list of working titles https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=19815

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours