What TI83/84 calculator do you use the most?
Ti-83
 5%  [ 1 ]
Ti-83+
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ti-83+ SE
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ti-84+
 5%  [ 1 ]
Ti-84+ SE
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ti-84+ CSE
 5%  [ 1 ]
Ti-84+ CE
 82%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 17

Looking around, it seems that I'm the only one in the TIBD (and maybe Cemetech) community who still actively uses the TI-83P, and programs on it. I'm going to be getting a CE in a few months, but I support as much compatibility as I can.

However, is there anyone who would benefit from direct 83P compatibility? Meaning, anyone out there who still exclusively uses the TI83Plus?

I want to see what calculators are still being used.

Also, is there a difference is speed with silver editions?

Comment below which 83/84 calculator you use the most.
TI83Plus wrote:
Looking around, it seems that I'm the only one in the TIBD (and maybe Cemetech) community who still actively uses the TI-83P, and programs on it. I'm going to be getting a CE in a few months, but I support as much compatibility as I can.

However, is there anyone who would benefit from direct 83P compatibility? Meaning, anyone out there who still exclusively uses the TI83Plus?

I want to see what calculators are still being used.

Also, is there a difference is speed with silver editions?

Comment below which 83/84 calculator you use the most.

My 83+ got stolen. I'm borrowing a 84+ from my teacher for the school year. I also own a TI-89 Titanium and a CSE, but I use the 89T more Razz
I use the TI-84+CE like the one you're getting, but I had an 83 that is just weird. It will turn on for 3 seconds and shut back down.

If you're talking about programming Basic for the 83, a lot of TI calculator support it, but just with the homescreen, and with some different commands.
I do most of my day-to-day work (like quick calculations and some programs to do calculations for me, which comprises like 90% of my calculator use lately) with a TI-81. Aside from that, I use a TI-84 Plus because it's easy to read the screen in low light. However, I do my programming on a TI-83 since it's the most compatible.
There is no speed difference between the silver editions and regular editions of calculators (unless you are looking at the CSE, in which case, there is a speed difference due to screen being a lot more demanding for the processor, perhaps even underestimated by ti)
EDIT: There is a speed difference between the ti-83+ and the ti-83 +SE TI-83+ SE TI-83+

As for which calculator I use the most, I started off with a ti-84 plus, and since it was the only calc I had, it was what I used. Then I got a CSE and got really into hybrid-basic, so I used that one a lot. Then I got a CE, which I pretty much used/use exclusively, but I am seeing myself use a ti-83+ lately for some reason. Of course, nowadays, I have a whole bunch of calculators, so a fun thing I like to do is just grab one at random and spend the day with it Razz
I think getting a CE is definitely worthwhile for a calculator enthusiast, as it seems to bring together the good/familiar UI of older 8xs and some better/newer hardware (processor, memory, lcd, etc.)
For cross compatibility between models, ti has been really throwing that stuff out the window. Programs written by new coders on new models are slowly getting less and less compatible. Of course it's still very simple to port basic code to work on older models, but as time goes on, just like any language, the task will become too tedious and the payout too small to be worth the time, money, or effort spent.
mr womp womp wrote:
There is no speed difference between the silver editions and regular editions of calculators (unless you are looking at the CSE, in which case, there is a speed difference due to screen being a lot more demanding for the processor, perhaps even underestimated by ti)

The TI-83 Plus Silver Edition is faster than the TI-83 Plus; of that series, only the TI-83 and TI-83 Plus use 6 MHz processors.
Thanks for all the feedback.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours