I am basically just putting down details about my programs (which are in the archives) that don’t have a post.

Stick Hero CE
The concept of making a port for SH arrived in my mind when I saw PT_’s port of the game.
I thought it was to most amazing thing ever, and thought, hey. I could easily port this to TI-Basic, and probably get some good speed out of it!

Well, I forgot about it for about 4 months. I got permission from PT_ to port his port over.(I thought it was his original game at the time, I only learned it wasn’t while making the readme.)

I promptly forgot about it for another two months.

Then, Cemetech Contest 20 rolled around, and I started work on a really elaborate program. It got extremely boring, and I almost gave up. I spent HUNDREDS of hours on that program... The entire reason I didn’t stop is because took a break, coming back to old ideas.

Stick Hero was #1 on my list (and the only one that got completed, besides the programs I made for the contest)

I put maybe 15 minutes in, and got a fun, working sketch. (I also didn’t plan, at all.)

After a few more days of sporadic polishing and optimizing, I came up with the elegant interface that is currently in the program. I tweaked PT_’s design to make it suit my tastes, as well as the limits of TI-Basic.

I love the way the game turned out, and I hope you all do, too.

Avoid!
This was the first program that I made that is actually quite cool.

It is actually optimized quite well from what I knew at the time, and was pushing the limits for me. A similar idea was used in World of Yum,

I said in the file that it was WIP, but it died pretty fast.

I might revisit it when I have time, though.

CalcType

Oh boy. I love this one.

CalcType is a program based off of several online typing tests.

It features an editable word list, stats, and a fancy high scores table.

My highscore is something like a 3000! (With the default word list)

I highly recommend it, as it helps with your on-calc typing speed. At least, it did for me Wink

iBase
This is my first uploaded math utility, and I really like how it turned out.

It is designed to mimic the homescreen, and it “changes” the base your calculator works in.

It isn’t very compact, but I tried to optimize it for speed.

It (internally) works as follows, compacted into 10 steps:

1: input expression from user.
2: if expesssion is supposed to change the base, change the base.
3: if expression contains invalid characters, throw errors in the general direction of the user.
4: go through the string entered by the user, and find numbers.
5: when it has all of the digits of a number, convert to base 10, and store to a list
6: repeat steps 4 and 5 until there are no more characters to check.
7: replace values in the string with the base-10 operations in the list.
8: evaluate string
9: format and display result
10: repeat steps 1-9 indefinitely (I should probably fix this)

Simon
This one is a small port of the popular memory game of the same name. I actually developed my standard high scores table (which has appeared in AoJ, AoJ2, SHCE, PM, WoY (iirc), and Simon) for this.

Not only does it display the highscores, but it also highlights your highscore, where applicable. It also adds 0’s to places 1-9, so it appears as:

Code:

for a cleaner look. I’m quite proud of my snippet!
I don't think that 'unloved programs' is the best title for this topic. Although they're not as popular as PacMan, they are still great programs! I'd suggest removing the "unloved". Smile

Stick Hero:
I really enjoyed your game! It really shows what you can do with BASIC when you push it hard enough. My only complaint with this program is that it doesn't automatically switch into Radian mode (I think Radians?). When I accidentally ran the program in Degrees mode, I was confused why it wasn't working.

Avoid:
I never even knew this existed! I'll have to check it out!

CalcType:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
My highscore is something like a 3000! (With the default word list)

hehe

Besides taking forever to load, I really enjoyed this program!

iBase:
I found the ReadMe a little confusing, though to be fair, I never took the time to figure out how it really worked. Rolling Eyes So when I change the base and type in a number, do I then change the base and recall Ans? I'll have to read the ReadMe again for this...

Simon:
Another game I didn't know existed! I'll give it a look!
Oh no. It’s called unloved because I didn’t care enough about them to make a thread.

With the SHCE thing, that is considered a bug, and I have large quantities of extermination powder Razz

With iBase, you use “[base]” (without the quotes, replace ‘base’ with an integer 2-36) to set the base.

You can then enter math in that base.

Let’s say you used octal:

You want to calculate (ALL NUMBERS ARE IN OCTAL) 20+63.

You launch iBase, type in ‘[8]’ (with the brackets, without the quotes) and press enter to set the base to octal.

Then, type in ‘20+63’ and press enter.

The program should spit out 103, which is also in octal.

The following math is not needed to use the program. It is just me proving that iBase does indeed work.

To prove this works, I will show the same expression in decimal.
The operation in base 10 (decimal) looks like this:

Given: (2*(8^1) + 0*(8^0)) + (6*(8^1) + 3*(8^0)))
Simplify step one: 2*8+0*1+6*8+3*1
Simplify step two: 16+48+3
Final solution: 67.

67 (base 10) in octal is calculated as follows:
1*(8^2) + 0*(8^1) + 3

67 in decimal is 103 in octal.

Calculation is correct!

Edit:
A beautiful idea of mine led to the code you see off to the side of his CalcType screenshot: 88-638.

I won't go into too much detail for obvious reasons, but it's there to prevent people filling up the word list with easy words, then posting their "amazing highscore" here.

I created an even more secure version in the most recent in-dev version, it uses a fancy pixel border!

(I won't release it though, that was literally the only change Evil or Very Mad)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
67 in decimal is 123 in octal.

Calculation is correct!

Nope Wink 67 = 1*64+0*8+3*1 = 103 in octal.
PT_ wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
67 in decimal is 123 in octal.

Calculation is correct!

Nope Wink 67 = 1*64+0*8+3*1 = 103 in octal.

I blame it on my lack of sleep last night (I did this calculation by hand). I'll redo it Smile
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I am basically just putting down details about my programs (which are in the archives) that don’t have a post.

Didn't you tell me to the same thing (make a thread for my completed stuff)? My assumption (which is [probably] wrong), was that you'd already made a successful thread, hence the advice.
I was actually putting this post together at the time, believe it or not.

It went the way of SH, but it came together in the end Smile
I don't think Stick Hero works. Plus it only works in radians for the stick to come down. But right now the character doesn't move up.
#Tankidaboss wrote:
I don't think Stick Hero works. Plus it only works in radians for the stick to come down. But right now the character doesn't move up.

The character isn’t supposed to move up, unless you won.

IIRC It uses sin() or cos() for that, so if you are in degrees, well, it won’t work..

I’ll add some code to the program later today.
It doesn't even move forward I was going to say.
#Tankidaboss wrote:
It doesn't even move forward I was going to say.

Well, if your ‘stick’ isn’t long enough, it won’t appear to move.
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but it seems your iBase program doesn't seem to work with the Ans token.
Yeah, that's a "feature".

Sorry.
_iPhoenix_ is there a way I could see the code for Avoided!? I know you said that the games were not posted in a thread, and I was curious to see what the objective of the game was and how it functioned, as well as being able to enjoy the game to its full extent.
It's in the archives, so you can download and inspect it to your heart's content.
Thank you very much.
Nice work but needs moar screenshots! (Love screenshots Smile).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours