Zeman and I have been working on this for a while now, and are ready to show it to everyone!

The Black Market is a marketplace for poorer players who are starting out, or for wealthier players who want a place to sell their goods.

We offer no upkeep, cheap plots (all money from plot purchases goes back into the market, so we price them low at 125d, although that is subject to change) and more!

Additionally, we encourage plot owners to break up monopolies on goods and sell items at what they are worth, so that less wealthy players can afford items.

We let people build their own plots, or have us build a stall, at no cost. All we need, if you decide to have us build a stall, are the colors you want for your roof, but you can change it yourself as you want, it is your plot!

People can share plots if both users agree, and at least one user has paid. We also give out plot slips occasionally. Plot slips are simply data in our spreadsheet that say that you have a plot that you can claim. Plot slips can be traded from user to user if I am alerted.

To get to the Black Market, go to the nether from spawn, look southwest and follow the path with the coal blocks!
Alternatively, either type "~map" (without the quotes) in chat and click the link, or visit https://www.cemetech.net/play/mcmap.php. After the map has loaded, zoom into the area south of spawn, and head towards the "<- BM" sign!

Plots on the top layer can build up as much as they want.

Although there is not an upward plot limit (besides world height), we are working on Black Market Underground, a plot area where owners can expand downwards and still have the same open feel as above ground!

We do not want to undermine the Bazaar or any other shop, and we want to help all players get the right goods for the right price, although prices are decided 100% by the plot owners and not by myself or Zeman.

To request a plot, head to the black market through the nether, and you can request a plot by filling out a book, in the chest labeled appropriately. We have a signed book in that chest, that lists the correct format for buying a plot and shows some examples. When you are done filling out your own book, put it into the other chest. We are not liable for items lost, but if you do lose something important, you can send us a pm here on the forums, or with /mail send _iPhoenix_ <description of item(s) lost>

The next time we see you online, we will ask you to pay me the price of the plot, we will have you pick a plot, and you can then start building your plot or have us build it.

In the BM underground (WIP, may not be 100% spawn proof), we have a gold farm (zombie pigman spawner), that is free to use for BM plot owners! (If you aren't a plot owner, however, you can ask myself or Zeman, and we will probably let you do it)

The gold farm is designed in such a way that Zeman and Myself get a very small take of the gold nuggets, <5% (based on my calculations, but they are probably flawed).

The gold farm, a nearby iron farm, our own shops, and a small donation shop (where you can donate us 150d at your own will) are our only ways of making even a slim profit off of the BM, and we hope you understand.

Planned expansions:
- BM Underground (80%)
- Expansions to the west and(expansion to the west completed, but we may go further) north, adding much more plots.
- When we expand north, plots north of z=364 will have to dig out their area underground, because Zeman and I are sick and tired of mining. If your plot connects a current part of the BM underground, notify myself and/or Zeman, and we will place grass and paths down. You are not allowed to mine out plots that aren't yours, and Zeman and/or myself will mine out the paths.

In our spreadsheet, we have:
- A list of all plot owners, and a list of all plot tickets distributed.
- A plot map, detailing the owners of each plot.
- A list of all pending plot requests.
- Some stats.

Rules:
- No stealing, griefing, scamming, conning, etc. (nothing that breaks server rules, either...)
- Plots should be lit up, or they may be accidentally creepered, which nobody wants.
- No building on a plot unless myself or Zeman have told you that you can.
- No upwards height limit, (there is one downwards, but that's because BM underground is under construction.
- Do not break the path blocks without express permission from Zeman or myself, and if you do, you cannot build downwards.
- If you cannot build downwards or notify us that you are not going to build downwards, the plots below you are marked for sale. Plots in the BM Underground are not otherwise for sale. The ones that are for sale are marked as "For sale, 100d" in the bottom half of the [url=tiny.cc/bmpm]plot map.[/url]
- Overhangs are allowed one block out from the plot borders, unless you share that same one block overhang with another plot.
- You can only own 5 plots, max.
- These rules are subject to change.

Thank you for being interested in the Black Market!

Links:
- Give us feedback, suggestions, hatemail and constructive criticism here: https://tiny.cc/bmfb
- This post: https://tiny.cc/bmrules
- Plot Map: https://tiny.cc/bmpm
- Plot List: https://tiny.cc/bmplots
- Plot Statistics: https://tiny.cc/bmstats

We intend on being as transparent as possible. We will inform you of any changes or additions to our policies, no matter how small.
Any information on our internal policies is available on request, but most (if not all) is posted here.

I'm pretty sure you're on the NSA watch list now. Wink
Minecrafter burning_pocket and myself (with a little help from ShadowCape) discovered a triple spawner, and it is now mostly complete, and ready for public use.

To access the spawner, you can go to the BM underground (in the southeast corner of the BM), and follow the stone brick path!

It is extremely efficient and begins to lose drops due to maxentitycramming in minutes. I leveled up from level 70 to level 80 in about half an hour, which is actually pretty good.

Currently, it is set up for witches, zombie pigmen, and vindicators, but if you really need, say, redstone, we would gladly change the spawner to all (in this example) witches for a short time.

We do not allow users to change the spawners without permission (partly for their own good, it's a lethal mess back there), just ask burning_pocket or myself and we will (probably) change it.

To use the spawner, stand on the lapis block (signs will guide you) to activate all 3 spawners. You can then move to the killing area, after a few short minutes, and slice through the mobs there. (or egging them with eggs)

The drops will go to the chests, and a smelter is provided to smelt up the gold swords and iron axes you will be getting.

Because witches have a 25% chance of dropping sticks, we prefer the use of sticks in our smelter. They also have a short burn time, leading to less wasted fuel.

Enjoy!

Note:
The BM makes no profit off of the spawners, besides when Zeman or myself use it.
o2b_blockbusting recently donated his spawner coupons to the triple spawner and he and I made it a quintuple spawner. It is used the same as before, you must stand on the lapis to be in range of all spawners. I will be doing some small maintenance soon (with the on/off switch and increased room size for the extra spawners). Currently it is running 5 witch spawners.
I've built multispawner rooms in the past with on/off switches, using lights to control spawning. I'd be willing to upgrade yours with a similar setup for free, just for the fun of it. Ask me if you'd like to look at my triple spawner for vindicators.
dankcalculatorbro wrote:
o2b_blockbusting recently donated his spawner coupons to the triple spawner and he and I made it a quintuple spawner. It is used the same as before, you must stand on the lapis to be in range of all spawners. I will be doing some small maintenance soon (with the on/off switch and increased room size for the extra spawners). Currently it is running 5 witch spawners.

That's amazing, thank you guys.

DrDnar wrote:
I've built multispawner rooms in the past with on/off switches, using lights to control spawning. I'd be willing to upgrade yours with a similar setup for free, just for the fun of it. Ask me if you'd like to look at my triple spawner for vindicators.

I'm actually pretty sure you don't want to do that. The behinds of the triple quintuple spawner are pretty messy IIRC, and I think we are well-equipped enough to do it ourselves, without wasting your time. If you think it'd be fun, though, by all means go ahead Smile

Just enter the part that says "do not enter", and you'll be all set. You might even find some supplies in the chests, feel free to use them.

---

I should add that I won't be on the MC server for a few days/weeks/months, but I have full belief that any BM-specific questions should be answerable by most server members using common sense (and the rules located in this thread).

---

By the way, is o2b_blockbusting someone who changed their name? (if so, what was their previous name?) Or is it a new member?
o2b_blockbusting is a member of the forum and friend of mine irl. He joined fairly recently and shares my base with me.
dankcalculatorbro wrote:
o2b_blockbusting is a member of the forum and friend of mine irl. He joined fairly recently and shares my base with me.

Cool!

Tell him I said hi!
I've decided I'm going to take a extremely slight profit off of the spawner. I'm selling the gunpowder earned at 32 items for 2d, I hope that's close enough to zero that nobody actually cares. I put a lot of time into the spawner, so it's nice to get at least a little bit of a reward for it.

I also upped the number of witch spawners, because I needed redstone, and I never reduced it because I'm lazy. Enjoy.

You will still get materials like gold, emerald, glowstone, and redstone at a crazy rate. I don't think anyone will really care.