What is the best completed project of August 2017?
ICE On-Calc Sprite Editor
 84%  [ 11 ]
Brainf*ckCE: A brainf*ck interpreter and JIT compiler
 15%  [ 2 ]
Bartop Arcade using a Raspberry Pi
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

In August 2017, many new projects were posted and worked on! Let's look at the contenders for this month:

• Bartop Arcade using a Raspberry Pi: StrawberryFrostedPopTart created a cool (and small) bartop arcade using a microcontroller. The project looks amazing, according to the screenshots (found in the thread).
  • Brainf*ckCE: A brainf*ck interpreter and JIT compiler: A Cemetech newcomer, squishy, created a super awesome interpreter for the egotistic programming language BrainF*ck in C. The program features a fancy GUI based off of Cesium, and you can find a screenshot in the thread. There is a download and some additional screenshots on the Github page, linked in the thread.
  • Cellar 3D - raycasting based game for TI-84 Plus CE: Cemetech user patrickdavidson's C-based raycaster for the CE is really cool! It features incredibly smooth graphics, and we'd love to see more of this project. This month, he added numerous optimizations and graphical improvements. Check out the thread!
  • ICE On-Calc Sprite Editor: CalcMeister finally finished his useful sprite editing tool for the CE this month! This program lets you create sprites for use with the ICE compiler, all without leaving your calculator! He posted some sweet screenshots in his thread, you can't miss them!
  • Marianas (TI-84 Plus CE): Working off of his clever CC20 Sea entry, dankcalculatorbro expanded it, including some awesome new features! Be sure to check the post in the thread for screenshots and more information!
  • Sorcery of Uvutu PC Port: Sorcery of Uvutu creator 123outerme is porting his awesome CSE game to the PC! He implemented a bunch of crucial game features this month, and I hope to see more next month, too! There are many screenshots in the thread, too.
  • The Oregon Trail CE [ICE] [Release 1.0]: OldNewTimer continues work on his port of The Oregon Trail to the CE calculator! He added several new bugfixes this month, among many other new things! Check the thread for details.
  • TI-Planet's "Project Builder" with online CE C/C++: Adriweb and team add more features to the Project Builder! It's full of amazing new tools! Check it out!
  • [TI-84+CE] Pirate Space Kitties (Formerly Meowio): With his tr1p1ea added an epic-looking title screen to his game about pirate kitties who are living in SPACE! After several years, we'd love to see this Mario-based project brought to fruition.

These are our contenders for this month, which was busy and extremely active! We are catching up on our POTMs, and they will be coming really fast from here until we catch up!
These retrospective POTM posts are a reminder of all the stuff that I should be working on Smile.
tr1p1ea wrote:
These retrospective POTM posts are a reminder of all the stuff that I should be working on Smile.

It's even more intense when you have to write something about a dead project of yours. I removed one of my projects from the list because it was dead, stupid, and didn't even work.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours