Alvajoy123 wrote:
commandblockguy wrote:
Are you referring to a terminal, like the Command Prompt on Windows, where you type in text commands and receive a text output? That is not the same thing as a kernel, which is basically responsible for handling applications and resources like memory and peripherals.

Tcmd stand for Tnu . Command . Detector
it does every thing it's just not ready yet and i want to work desktop and file manger, lock screen
others.
i started Tcmd but right now all it show keys codes

The problem is, and part of why I'm sure commandblockguy is crying internally, is that it's a bit hard to justify calling this project "Linux" or a "kernel" when those are operating systems and this is a shell.

In all reality, unless this project is intended to fully replace the TI-OS and provides all levels of hardware/software/user interfacing, then you cannot really call it a kernel or an OS. It is, at best, an alternate graphical interface (or text-based interface) for what essentially remains TI's code. That makes this a shell. I'd propose names that indicate this, for instance: LBCS (Linux-Based Calculator Shell) or LCS (Linux Calculator Shell). Or even LShell or LinShell. There's a lot of creative nomenclature at your disposal that could help commandblockguy get a decent night's sleep.

That aside, this is an amazing looking project, and you seem to be making some nice progress, so godspeed! Best of luck.
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Yes, I will love to see the source code. If I use it I will give you credit.

Sorry for the delay, here is the latest version that I could find of my source
https://github.com/LAX18/LinuxCE

Thank you sooo much. does it have it own input code.
Alvajoy123 wrote:
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Yes, I will love to see the source code. If I use it I will give you credit.

Sorry for the delay, here is the latest version that I could find of my source
https://github.com/LAX18/LinuxCE

Thank you sooo much. does it have it own input code.

I think so...
GUI is being changed
Alvajoy123 wrote:
GUI is being changed

Please use Cemetech's mantra of quality over quantity. This is a very low-effort post, maybe you could expand on it and explain how the GUI is being changed?

For some reason, your screenshot doesn't work for me. It shows me a picture of a "Done" message, possibly taken after execution.

Use CEmu to capture your files if you aren't already. It makes it so much easier.
LINUX CE HAS BEEN STOPPED

Linux CE GUI UPDATE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xcNNZb3CgieVyOvVyv8C16u_baelTm2I/view

I have done some thinking and i am putting a stop to so called Linux ce. Sad
Due to discouraging letters. and more. Sad
Don't worry if you where into the program i am making a new prgm called master shell. Smile
different GUI different names and more added i hope you look forward to see Master Shell.

To: Users of Cemetech
Yes I think this project was in need of a rename, that GIF looks really good though! I like how the sidebar is small and non-intrusive but still looks great.
(Note: You misspelled 'calculater' it should be 'calculator') Wink
Looks good! Also, instead of redrawing the entire desktop when moving the cursor (was that the flickering?) maybe redraw only a piece? idk how to do this, my programs are all arrow-key/ menu based. You might want to ask PT_, though.
Any updates on this project? I would be excited to see it.
Alvajoy123 wrote:
LINUX CE HAS BEEN STOPPED

Yeah I don't think there will be any more updates.

Edit: Thought I'd add, I don't want to seem annoying. But Please read the topic before posting. Thanks!
ACagliano wrote:

The problem is, and part of why I'm sure commandblockguy is crying internally, is that it's a bit hard to justify calling this project "Linux" or a "kernel" when those are operating systems and this is a shell.

In all reality, unless this project is intended to fully replace the TI-OS and provides all levels of hardware/software/user interfacing, then you cannot really call it a kernel or an OS. It is, at best, an alternate graphical interface (or text-based interface) for what essentially remains TI's code. That makes this a shell. I'd propose names that indicate this, for instance: LBCS (Linux-Based Calculator Shell) or LCS (Linux Calculator Shell). Or even LShell or LinShell. There's a lot of creative nomenclature at your disposal that could help commandblockguy get a decent night's sleep.

To be fair, the terms "Kernel" and "Shell" mean different things on a calculator than on a computer. A "Kernel," like PreOS, usually provides crash protection(at least on the 68K series) and adds libraries. Or, it could itself allow the use of assembly language programs. (Think Fargo, DoorsOS). A "shell" isn't Bash/Fish/Zsh/whatever, it's something that lists and runs programs. (Like Cesium, which was originally called CesiumOS)
In short, there's a long tradition of using incorrect terminology in the calculator community.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours