At long last, I'm finally ready to disclose this. Some of you have already heard of it. Others of you may not have. I'm planning a big Star Wars vs Star Trek event for the weekend starting on Star Wars day (May 4th). This event will occur within the Star Trek world, and involve builds I've been working on for about a month and will continue to work on this month.

There will be something for everyone.. a mix of hand-to-hand focused ground missions, and TNT-war focused ship dogfights. There will be a total of 4 different matches, spread out over two days, Friday May 4th and Saturday May 5th (and possibly Sunday May 6th if we need to push one or more matches back).

The first match will be based off of the Walker Assault game mode from Star Wars Battlefront. Star Trek players will have a series of encampments with TNT cannons aimed at ATAT's. They will be aiming to destroy those vehicles. Star Wars players will be aiming to defend their walkers, and destroy the cannons threatening them. The first team to complete its objective will win that match.

The second match will pit a Star Trek ship against a Star Destroyer. To keep some of the realism, Trek's weapons are weaker, but can be fired quicker, and somewhat automatically. Meanwhile, the Destroyer's weapons are slower and manual, but way more powerful. The match runs like a standard Star Trek match... fight until your ship is incapacitated... breach the opposing ship's warp core, and kill all defending players.

The third match will attempt to implement some form of objective game, with Capture the Flag mechanics. The match will take place WITHIN the Death Star. Star Trek's players are tasked to invade the space station, rescue a prisoner, and escape. Doing so requires performing a few side-tasks. Star Wars players must defend each of these points in turn. Star Trek players must complete all objectives within a time limit in order to win. If they don't, Star Wars wins.

The last match will pit a Star Trek ship against the aforementioned Death Star. Mechanics are the same as any TNT war ship dogfight. The Death Star is formidable, but has a few weaknesses that may be exploited.

Prior to the event, anyone who is interested, please select your team and class. There is a shop setup in the main building of DrDnar's Bazaar, with signs and books explaining how to do so. Look for the spot with a lightsaber banner next to a Starfleet insignia. You may, of course, play for Star Wars or Star Trek. You may also select a *class*. With some variation, classes are: Special, Medic, Scout, Assault.

For the special class, Star Wars has Force adepts (Jedi/Sith) and Star Wars has the Q. This class isn't equipped with the best weapons or armor, but has other abilities that can help out.

For the medic class, you more or less carry splashes of healing. Your armor and weapons are minimal, as your role is mainly supportive.

For the scout class, you carry a slightly more powerful bow, as well as several types of stealth equipment: invisibility, ender pearls, night vision, spectral arrows. Your armor is decent, but not top-grade.

For the assault class, you are powerful at close range (powerful sword/armor/shield) but lack long range abilities.

** You may not bring your own equipment. Classes are implemented to keep teams somewhat balanced, and force inter-cooperation. It may be possible to find other equipment in the ground-missions. **

** Portals will exist to both ships, and to spawn points within the ground maps for each team. **
** Banners with red, blue, and green lightsabers, as well as the Starfleet insignia are available for purchase up the ladders from the team selection system at the bazaar. If you know how, you're welcome to make your own. You must carry some method of displaying your team during the event. **

@admins: Can we turn on KeepInventory within that world, please!!
This sounds awesome! I know you've been working hard on this for a while and I can't wait to finally play it! Chances are though, I probably won't be able to play Friday or Saturday but if you do one on Sunday, I might able to.
I might ask the admins if the world can be backed up (the whole world), so that one or more maps are replayable. If not, I'll try to save one of the matches for Sunday, unless you make it before then.

TO PARTICIPATE
Little Edit: Anyone wishing to participate, please indicate so to me HERE OR AT BAZAAR. Choose your team and class:
Team (Star Wars): Classes: Force adept, Healer, Scout, Assault
Team (Star Trek): Classes: Q, Medical Officer, Tactical Officer, Security Officer
For both teams the Mystic class (Force adept, Q) gets some special stuff like levitation/teleport, but has very limited combat ability. For both teams, the Healing class can heal itself and teammates, but has limited combat ability. For the Scout/Tactical classes, you excel at ranged combat and scouting positions (taking out snipers, for instance) but are wasted on close range. The Assault/Security class is strongest at close range.

THE 4 MATCHES

Match 1: Death Star Objective match. Star Trek is on offense, invading the death star, attempting to rescue a prisoner and escape. Star Trek must complete all tasks to win, Star Wars must stall for time limit to win. Match time limit: 1 hour. Breaking blocks is NOT allowed. Winning team gets some extra equipment they can use during this event.

Match 2: Desert Temple Objective match. Star Wars is on offense, attempting to breach and destroy a desert temple. This involves finding a key, unlocking the temple, and blowing it up. Breaking blocks is NOT allowed within desert area. Periodic item drops on or near team spawn pad can assist. Both teams may use these drops (or resources mined OUTSIDE the desert) to construct fortifications, build TNT cannons, archery towers, etc to defend or attack. Star Wars must destroy temple within time limit to win. Match time limit 1 hour. Winning team gets some extra equipment they can use during this event.

Match 3: Star Trek v. Star Destroyer. Ship v. Ship match. General Star Trek PvP rules. For the Destroyer, to defeat it, you must destroy both spherical objects on the side of the bridge. Star Trek players may use transporters. Star Wars players must use alternate methods of boarding. Bridging NOT allowed. Win by breaching core and killing all defenders. Winning team gets some extra equipment they can use during this event.

Match 4: Star Trek v. Death Star. Ship v. Ship match. General Star Trek PvP rules. Star Trek players may use transporters. Star Wars players must use alternate methods of boarding. Bridging NOT allowed. Win by breaching core and killing all defenders. Winning team gets some extra equipment they can use during this event.

The Scoring

Desert Temple Objective Match
10 points per kill (both teams)
-5 points per death (both teams)
100 points per objective completed (attacking team only)
50 points for match win (winning team)
10 points per 5 minute interval defenders lasted (defending team only).
10 points per 10 minutes left on clock (attacking team only)

Death Star Objective Match
10 points per kill (both teams)
75 points per objective completed (attacking team only)
10 points per 5 minute interval defenders lasted (defending team only).
10 points per 10 minutes left on clock (attacking team only)

Ship v Ship Match
10 points per kill (both teams) . **doubled if on enemy ship **
50 points for core breach (breaching team)
25 points for first ship disabled (team with ship left standing)

** Additional points may be awarded for really cool things. **

The Scavenger Hunt

At several, random times during the entire weekend (including sunday), I'll hide a chest of supplies and give a clue to its location in #pvp on discord and on skype (general). Finding the chest wins 25 points for your team, and can give your team some extra supplies, so even if you can't make a *match*, feel free to join a team and do the hunts to help!!
Quick update. One week to go until the event begins. So far, we have only me, TurquoiseDrag0n, and OldNewTimer who have dropped their name off to participate. Anyone who wishes to participate in some way in this event, please sign a book as directed in the instructions on the signs, and deposit it in one of the two chests on the spawn platform in the Star Trek world before next Friday.

In addition, I created and edited a bunch of maps of the event areas, which can be found at http://caglianotechdesigns.com/minecraft/pvp . On the "Event Maps" tab (last one, hidden under the dumb logo).
ACagliano wrote:
I might ask the admins if the world can be backed up (the whole world), so that one or more maps are replayable. If not, I'll try to save one of the matches for Sunday, unless you make it before then.

That sounds like a good idea! I'll also download the world and pass it off to you so that you have a copy for yourself Smile
This may or may not be the right topic for this post... But what are the requirements to get on the Cemetech MC server?
SM84CE wrote:
This may or may not be the right topic for this post... But what are the requirements to get on the Cemetech MC server?

The Java Edition of Minecraft 1.12.2 on a Windows or Mac PC. Sign in using your MC account credentials and then connect to mc.cemetech.net. Once on, you'll need myself or a fellow moderator (or higher) to add you to the graylist. Until then, you can walk around and explore the map but won't be able to build anything.

Be sure to read the rules when you spawn in as they should be right in front of you on some signs. Some things of note, we are a survival server first and we focus on creating awesome builds. You're welcome to start with a dirt house but, your builds should have a vision and a clear effort before long.

If you want to come on just for the events and stuff, that's perfectly fine too Very Happy
Well everyone, the Star Wars day Star Wars v Star Trek event has officially begun. The first official match of the event will occur tonight, at 9pm EST.

In addition the first scavenger hunt of the event has been posted. Each posted hunt has two (2) chests. Anyone can do one of these, so long as they indicate a team first so that points may be properly allocated. Scavenger hunts have a small chance of getting some really cool gear or weapons (bear in mind that if you lose or break something "cool", it will not be replaced). All hunts are in the Star Trek world. You may bring your own gear on the scavenger hunts ONLY.

Clue 1: Find the place that resembles the surface of Endor, follow the river, watch it meander. At the end of things, you’ll find your splendor.

Clue 2: Funny thing it is to base a hunt on a glitch. A bunch of Trek uniforms in a weird niche, look around and you’ll find your rich.
EVENT RESULTS AND STATS

FINAL SCORE FOR STAR WARS: 1185
FINAL SCORE FOR STAR TREK: 1074

For the Scavenger Hunt Portion of the Match:
** Scavenger hunt chests were worth 25 points each, except for the last day, when points for them were doubled
** The final clue, #17, was worth 40 points (doubled).
Star Trek: 8
Star Wars: 2
Star Trek (last day): 6
Star Wars (last day): 2
Score for Segment: Star Wars (150), Star Trek (530)

For the Endor Forest Event:
Score for Segment 1: Star Wars (288), Star Trek (15)
Score for Segment 2: Star Wars (101), Star Trek (24)

For the Desert Temple Map:
Score for Desert Temple Map: Star Wars (337), Star Trek ( 8 )

For the Death Star Infiltration Map:
Score for the Death Star map: Star Wars (87), Star Trek (328)

Enterprise v Destroyer TNT Battle:
Score for TNT war: Star Wars (50), Star Trek (160)

Enterprise v Death Star TNT Battle:
Score for TNT war: Star Wars (172), Star Trek (9)

Individual Stats

LittleMoonBeam === 24K, 2D ::: 12.0
GregsAStar === 20K, 11D ::: 1.82
HedgeHogs4You === 26K, 16D ::: 1.63
Rivereye === 35K, 23D ::: 1.52
ACagliano === 30K, 41D ::: 0.73
TurquoiseDrag0n === 11K, 16D ::: 0.69
commandblockguy === 13K, 35D ::: 0.37
Lord_Charlemagne === 7K, 38D ::: 0.18
OldNewTimer === 2K, 16D ::: 0.13
MattaFrick === 0K, 3D ::: 0.00 + 3 deaths
JoeyWoeyPlays === 0K, 24D ::: 0.00 + 24 deaths
Good job everyone! Looks like it was a pretty close battle!
It was a lot of fun to compete. Btw, I love the Tank Mode gear. It was kind of the way I was playing for sure. Just go in for the kill and let the armor do its job in protecting me from other people.

Alex, while the final scores were fairly close, if you were to take out the weekend long scavenger hunt, (which had prizes that helped out during the match), the score is not as close.

I am definitely looking forward to the next event. Nice work Acagliano. I'll try and have the screen recording going next time to help with more footage/angles.
Thanks for the positive reviews guys! It is my plan (eventually) to do some team-based ground combat as part of the generic Star Trek event, and the Forest map has been left untouched since it seemed to be the most popular, and most fair, map for hand to hand combat! I also welcome collaboration on further events, as having more hands involved in creating a map, especially a pvp map, lends to increased unpredictability.

I'll also create, a little further east of that map (still in the forest), a sort of CTF map that's more or less symmetrical, for targeted hand-to-hand. That way, in addition to the ships, we'll have some alternatives if people aren't in the "blow up ships" mood.

Lastly I'm going to post here, for the record, what prizes were available for the winning team, and top stats holders.

For winning team: A mix of fun valuables, like diamond, iron, end crystals, lapiz ores, quartz ores, and one single diamond chestplate with Protection V and Thorns IV (one above max craftable) were given to each player who participated on the Star Wars side.

Prize for most chests found (commandblockguy): The "Snipers Reign Supreme" pack, consisting of a set of diamond armor with Projectile Protection V and Curse of Vanishing, as well as a single bow with Power VI and Curse of Vanishing. In addition, command was given a map to lowest zoom level of the Star Trek world, with the name "You clearly could use one of these" or something like that.

Prize for most kills (Rivereye): The "Tank Mode" pack, consisting of a set of diamond armor with Protection V and Curse of Vanishing and a Sword with Sharp VI and Curse of Vanishing. Rivereye was also given a combination Instant Health and Regeneration lingering potion (iirc), named "Cool Down, Bro" or something like that, as a somewhat comedic implication that he needs to distribute some healing now because of how much death he caused.

Prize for best overall stats (LittleMoonBeam): The "Snipers Reign Supreme" pack, which is listed above. As winner, Little was also given something more helpful than the other two... she received an iron chestplate with Protection IV on it, with a custom attribute modifier affording her two extra hearts of health when worn. This particular piece is unrepairable, and also does not carry Unbreaking.